Your Quicken Program files (not your data files) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Q

Hi

I have had to re-install Quicken Personal Plus 2010 due to hard drive issues. Was sent a link to the Quicken 2010.exe and saved this to my system.

When I go to install I get 1 of two messages:

This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running the app. For more information contact the Administrator Setup.exe. Pls note I am the administrator

or

If I double click the setup file from file explorer I get "Your Quicken Program files (not your data files) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Quicken"

I have uninstalled, tried cleansing my data with PC Cleaner to get rid of any residual Quicken files, before re-installing again, and restarting PC but this has had no impact.

Help please!!

Thanks

Don

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,223 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

If you call me on 0418907140 i will try and help you

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Simon Knight
    Simon Knight Member Posts: 3

I have upgraded from Reckon 2013 to 2021 and when I close the program and try and reopen it, it get the message "Your program file (not your data file) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall the program.

i have re-installed the program on several occasions, but when I close the app it comes back with this message when I try and re-open it.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,223 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Call me and i will try and fix it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Simon Knight
    Simon Knight Member Posts: 3

I have managed to sort this out. When it uninstalled the old version it didn't delete the old icon on the toolbar, and the program wouldn't start from this icon. When I used the new icon on the desktop it worked. Thanks for your reply.