Employ in lockdown (3 days Brisbane) does he get paid sick or holiday for the day

Options

Employ in lockdown (3 days Brisbane) does he get paid sick or holiday for the day he couldn't come to work due to lockdown.

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    Options

This is going to depend on the award that covers your employees. I suggest that you try Fairwork Australia https://www.fwc.gov.au/

• StaceyL123
    StaceyL123 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Bruce, I will check that out.

• StaceyL123
    StaceyL123 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Quarantine & self-isolation - Pay and leave during coronavirus - Fair Work Ombudsman | Fair Work Ombudsman - Coronavirus

Employees who can't go to work because of coronavirus :

Employees aren’t entitled to be paid (unless they use paid leave entitlements) if they can’t work because:

Unpaid pandemic leave during quarantine and self-isolation

Some employees have access to unpaid pandemic leave.

Employees who are employed under one of the affected awards can access up to 2 weeks of unpaid pandemic leave (or more by agreement with their employer) if they can’t work:

• because they need to self-isolate in line with government or medical authorities, or on the advice of a medical practitioner, or
    • because of measures taken by government or medical authorities in response to the pandemic (for example, an enforceable government direction closing non-essential businesses).

The leave is available to full-time, part-time and casual employees in full immediately. They don’t have to accrue it.

• Carleen
    Carleen Member Posts: 33
    Options

I am confused regarding the payment of UNPAID pandemic leave, i have staff away due to having Covid 19 and they have no paid leave entitlements, do i have to pay them under a new payroll item of UNPAID PANDEMIC LEAVE - up to 2 weeks and yes we work under an award covered by the unpaid pandemic leave which expires 30.6.22