Register a re-install of Quicken

Maber
Maber Member Posts: 3

I had a copy of Quicken 2008 running quite successfully on windows 10 Pro for some years. A little while ago it started to display incorrectly. I uninstalled and re-installed it and found i could not register it. I own a second copy of Quicken 2008 running on windows 10 Home which is running OK. Both copies are licenced to 2030. The copy I am attempting to re-install seems to install OK but when I attempt to run it, it comes up with the registration box into which I put my installation key, It then displays a box headed Quicken with the message "Quicken is attempting to contact the activation server. Please wait." This box promptly disappears and is replaced by a box headed Quicken-Unexpected error and a message that says "Quicken has encountered a problem and needs to close etc etc" and displays an Error Code 7091. It ssems to me that, because the first box disappears within less than a second, that the problem may be with not being able to contact the activation service. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Maber

Head over to our Activations page linked below and have a chat with one of our team members who may be able to assist with getting your software activated -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maber

Thanks, will do. I can see a question about what version I have but cannot see where to post my reply

• Maber

I was able to respond to a number of questions about email address, phone number etc. but then the whole message train disappeared. I am not sure what to do next.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Maber

I can see that our team have sent through a reply to you this morning seeking more information to ascertain what is currently occurring in an effort to find a solution. Responses are sent back both to the chat but also to your email address. If you check out your email inbox today, you'll see an email there from our team which you'll be able to respond directly to.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.