Change phone number in Multi Factor Authentication

Options
JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Accounts Hosted

Help

I need urgent help please

I cannot change the phone number, we do not have access to the number currently listed.

This is a difficult process

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JO-ANNE

Just to confirm, does this relate to a free Single Touch Payroll mobile app account which this discussion has been created under or is it for a different Reckon STP software?

If this relates to the STP mobile app then to remove the existing phone number associated with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) can be done yourself via the account settings IF you still have access to the current phone number. You've mentioned that you don't have access to it though so instead we'll need to make some changes on our end.

In order to do so I'll need the following details on a signed business letterhead

• ABN
    • Email address your app account is registered under
    • Full legal name of the entity
    • Existing phone number associated with MFA
    • Your full name and contact details
    • Signature of the owner/authority of the ABN

Send that through to me at community@reckon.com, ATTN: Rav and include the link to this discussion. Let me know when you've done that and I'll action this for you.

If this relates to other Reckon software that you using for STP submissions, then our technical support team can assist in actioning this for you over the phone.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

Rav this is ridiculous...it should be a simple process within Reckon, it was possible last year. So obviously

Reckon has changed things so this can't be done by the user

this is such a time consuming difficult process

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

With respect Jo-Anne, the whole purpose and point of Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is to prevent those without the relevant authenticator gaining access to the account ie. those without the authenticator/phone number etc. I appreciate that it can be inconvenient to deal with in instances such as this however MFA is an ATO mandated requirement for the Single Touch Payroll process.

The process in revoking MFA has not changed. Conversely, we've made it easier to manage MFA at a user level by adding the ability to remove the assigned phone number yourself either via the existing authenticator or via Recovery PIN. There is info on this below.

This also applies to the STP mobile app if that's what you're using.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

Rav I have emailed the requested information, please advise when this will be addressed. It is urgent

• Rav
    Options

I've received your email and have organised the removal of the existing MFA on the account.

The next time you login you will be prompted to add a new phone number for Multi Factor Authentication. I'd also recommend that you take a couple of minutes to setup your Recovery PIN so that if you find yourself needing to remove the MFA again in future then you can do it yourself directly from your account which is a quick & easy method.

Info below -

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    Options

Thanks Rav, yes I have a recovery pin but as staff members have changed, they haven't updated it.

so I will update that also.

thank you