Unable to export to Excel

Options
TotalspanBOI
TotalspanBOI Member Posts: 2

Up to about 4 months ago I was able to export to excel using either an existing file, or creating a new one.

However, now I cannot create a new file in either csv format or excel workbook (the selection is greyed out). I am able to export to an existing file but as we are getting closer to the year end, it is going to be much more time consuming and messy.

Does anyone know why I cannot create a new excel spreadsheet. Have checked excel is updated and microsoft account is OK.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @TotalspanBOI

Just to confirm, you're using Reckon Accounts Hosted correct?

Does your file name contain any special characters? ie. non-alphanumeric characters. If so, can you please rename your file and remove those characters. Once that is done, log off the active session from the Hosted control panel, logout (use the logout option) and close your browser.

Log back in to Hosted after a couple of minutes and retry. Does the same behaviour continue?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TotalspanBOI
    TotalspanBOI Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yes we are on Reckon Accounts Hosted.

By file name, do you mean the company information? I have checked this and there are no unusual characters (all simply alpha).

FYI Have tried using both chrome and microsoft and both the same results.

thanks

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

I believe that I have experienced this same issues on a number of occasions in the past. I note that you have swapped browsers without success. Have you also tried shutting down your computer, restarting and then using an alternative browser? From memory I know that I swapped browsers and the export worked, but I think that I might have also have shut down and re-started my computer as well. I do recall that after I got the process to work with a different browser, later on I was able to go back to the first browser and it worked.

I did report this issue through this forum and did have some interaction with Brad on the subject as, at that time, somebody was also experiencing the same issue.

John L G

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    Options

Just an addition. I looked back and noted that I had reported this problem back in July 2020 under the topic "Problems trying to export data to excel using Chrome".

• CDK
    CDK Member Posts: 9
    Options

It is now June 2021 and I have seen this error reported since 2018 (or earlier) when I started looking for a solution today. I found a suggestion to go to the control panel, log out and log back in again. This worked for me. This is also the solution suggested above by Rav the Administrator. Would be nice if it was published somewhere as the definitive answer and/or fixed after all these years.