Printing Keeps Failing on Chrome

Options
Viv A
Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday my colleague was having issues printing - she could't. Reckon looked like it was opening the print page in a new tab - but stayed blank. She refreshed, closed and restarted browsers and her computer. We use Chrome on Mac computers as recommended in the past by Reckons customer service team. The only way she could print was by using Safari instead. Then, later in the day, she forgot to use Safari and everything was back to normal on Chrome....

This morning, on a different computer and a different log in, I am having the same issue! The progress line on the pop up doesn't ever make it all the way to the right hand side and then there is a blank tab opened with no data.

I am hoping someone else has been able to solve this??

Cheers.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Viv A

Sounds like a strange one. The first thing I'd suggest checking is, after you put through the print job in Hosted do you see an icon that looks like the below in the address bar in Chrome?

If so, click on it and select the 'Allow' option then 'Done'.

After that, create another print job in Hosted and the tab should appear properly allowing you to proceed.

Hopefully that's what the issue is but let me know if you still have trouble.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    Options

No Rav, I don't have that.... the green pop up shows up and looks like it's working. But then when the new tab opens - it's blank.

• Viv A
    Options

Ok, after further testing, it turns out that it is one particular template that won't print. I have several templates - and have used this particular one for years now. I did make a small modification to it about 6 weeks ago. Is there a way that I can "refresh" it without having to re-create the entire template again?

Cheers

• Viv A
    Options

Have also tried to create a new version by duplicating the old... no good. Made a slight change to the original form/template and saved that - no good.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Viv A

I've checked in with our tech team and unfortunately there is no way to 'refresh' a template. Unfortunately it does need to recreated. They also suggested that the behaviour you're currently experiencing leads them to believe the template is corrupt so a copy of it won't have the desired effect I'm sorry to say.

In this case, their recommendation is to create a new template and confirm successful printing occurs which they're pretty confident it will.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Viv A
    Options

Thanks Rav, I forgot to mention that it will print if we use Safari... weird...

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

it may be an Apple thing

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com