Email Security Issue when change password

Options
Ussher1
Ussher1 Member Posts: 1

I reset a Password 15april2021 and then received an email to reset - I then logged in and Immediately reset to my own password.

Then I received another email from Reckon to confirm this change . MY ISSUE is that on this email in my user name and the actual password showing - that if I was hacked and someone gained access to my emails they would have access to my reckon account.

ALSO when I forward this email to my self - the ACTUAL User ID ( Number for my reckon account was visable as well I have attached a copy of this - but have deleted the account details to show how UNSAFE this practice is of sending our own account details in email form

Please can I have managment person respond to this email security issue - as Bookkeepers we have full responsibility for our clients data when using online accounting.

Thanks - Ussher

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @Ussher1

I can certainly understand where you're coming from. Data security is a paramount concern particularly in our current times.

I've had a chat with our team and we do have some larger plans, long term plans for Hosted to move to the Reckon Portal where our other cloud software 'live' currently and one aspect of this will be a change in how this process is handled.

That's a much longer project as there is a lot of work and moving parts to that however in the interim, the team will look at what is involved to remove the passwords from being displayed in the emails themselves.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.