Quickbooks v8.1

Options

I'm trying to migrate off a desktop computer running above. It doesn't have internet. When I try to save data to a CD I get this. I'm a single user and system seems to recognise I'm the administrator. Any thoughts on how to resolve please?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JustinFahey

Are you trying to back up the file directly from the software to the CD drive?

Does the same message appear if you run a regular backup to a local destination on your PC eg. the Desktop

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JustinFahey
    JustinFahey Member Posts: 3
    Options

It lets me back up as an archive file on the desktop, but denies me access to save to CD from there. And denies me access to save direct to CD

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I can't say for sure that this will make any difference but are you able to run the software with Administrator privileges? ie. Run as Admin and then run the backup

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JustinFahey
    JustinFahey Member Posts: 3
    Options

There doesn't seem to be a way for me to run as Admin or change to that. When I look at users it shows just Admin (which must be me as only user). A post talked about right clicking on App to alter to Admin rights but my desktop icon doesn't give me that as an option - which makes sense as I'm the sole user I guess

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2021
    Options

close Quickbooks, right click on the Quickbooks shortcut icon - the one you would click on to open the program - and left click on run as administrator. If you can’t find it you can call me 0415940843

Have you tried backing up to the desktop?