Error Code -6150,-1004 when attempting to open existing company

Options

I recently installed Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 (to replace 2020) and it was working fine until last night. After working all day and then closing the program, when I reopened it it was asking me to open an existing company, create a new one or explore. This is what it does when an update is done. The existing company would normally just load after entering a password. I selected open existing, and then open a company file (.QBW). After selecting the file name the above error occurred, and the file will not load. The last backup was 12 days ago and I don't want to have to replicate all that data.

What may have happened is that the old shortcut to Reckon 2020 was mistakenly clicked on (as this also happened the day I installed the new version) and I was able to fix the issue by restoring the backup that had been done that day before the upgrade. I thought the shortcut had been removed (it definately has been now!).

It may be that I am selecting the wrong file, but it does end in .QBW and is from the time I shut down the computer last night.

Please help

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @ACSBrandco

If you shut down Reckon Accounts 2021 and then reopen it, does it still ask you whether or not you want to open a new or existing file OR does it immediately bring up the error now?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ACSBrandco
    ACSBrandco Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi Rav

It still asks if I want to open a new or existing file

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok cool thanks for that. I just want to triple check, when you click on the option to open an existing file are you selecting the most recent/latest version of your file? Do all your files have a similar naming convention? If so, check the date modified column just to confirm that you're actually opening the correct and most recent file.

Failing that, there is an older help guide regarding this error message itself which goes into in-depth detail on potential causes etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ACSBrandco
    Options

I am assuming it is the latest version of the file, as it is showing the time I shut down the program under the date modified column.

There are 2 files with the same date/time. One is just the company name, with the type 'Reckon Accounts Company File' and the other ends in .QBW.TLG and is a tlgFile under type. I don't know what a tlgFile is. This is the one I tried to open as it ends in .QBW as instructed.

• ACSBrandco
    Options

My apologies. On further investigation I have found out that the file with the type 'Reckon Accounts Company File' IS a .QBW file - I checked the properties and it was there, but not shown in the file list when it opened. I selected that file and it is now working. All data that I keyed yesterday is there.

Thank you for your help.