Sales tax

How do you gat a report on sales tax (wine equalisation tax)

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

My suggestion would be to go to the tax codes list and right click on WET and do a report from there

• Sam_8326946
    Sam_8326946 Member Posts: 8

This doesn't work. Because I require WET for both sales and purchases I created separate tax groups for them. I can get a report on either group but there's no break up of WET & GST, just the combined amount

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I always thought that WET was only used for outgoings. Maybe you could use classes, that way you can customise a P &L to just give you the relevant class

• Sam_8326946

As a wholesaler WET is used in both purchases and sales. Too much hassle to use classes. I get the correct amounts in BAS which is great (although WET amount at item 1D shows as a negative even though numerical value is correct, but not important as I'm not lodging online)

• Kris_Williams

I think That’s because you are using WET on both sales and purchases, can’t you create a new tax code for invoices only e.g. WET2

• Sam_8326946

I use separate tax codes for WET in sales (WET-S) and purchases (WET-P)