Bank Data Import tab missing.

WorkWear3355
WorkWear3355 Member Posts: 3

Hello, I am using Accounts Hosted 2021 R2. Since upgrading to this version from the 2020 version I am missing the BankData Import tab in Online Banking and therefore unable to import bank feeds.

Cheers, John

Answers

• Jane_9709505
    Jane_9709505 Member Posts: 14

I'm having the same issue John and have come on here looking for answers. Have you found anything helpful yet?

• WorkWear3355

No, nothing as yet Jane. Reckon helpline were supposed to get back to me today with a solution but I still haven't heard anything yet.

John

• Jane_9709505

Hi John,

I called support and got to the bottom of this. Bank feeds are no longer supported in this version. You have to upgrade to FastCoding and then the bank transaction matching is done through Reckon Portal.

Jane

• NeilHardy
    NeilHardy Member Posts: 5

Are you kidding? i've just looked at doing this and i now appear to have to have a separate page open with the transactions on it, is this correct? or is there someway of seeing them on the same page as before?

All the rules have also gone, do i have to put all of these in again? or id there a way to import them.

Is this supposed to be an improvement?

• Jane_9709505

Yes it's frustrating. It does all seem to have to be done through the Portal screen now. And I haven't received an answer on importing rules, but I can't see how it can be done.

• NeilHardy

Good oh, they were going to ring me back last Friday, never heard from them, i've had not luck getting transactions from the awesome portal into Accounts.

I've gone back to the old way importing .qif files.

I see now the "go online" button send me to an advert for reckon, no banks. so i guess i'm doing the .aba files in wages the old way too.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry to hear our teams didn't get back to you as promised on your calls.

In terms of Fast Coding, once you've got the hang of it hopefully you'll find that its a better, more intuitive and easier way to manage your bank feeds. I'll add some resources below which should help you get started -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NeilHardy

Hi Rav

I don't have the patience or the time to set up this all again or get the hang of it, i lost an entire day trying to get this to work already.

Support already sent me all these links.

I can see all the transactions in the portal, still can't get them in Accounts.

Frustrating is not the word I'm using.

• WorkWear3355

Hi Rav,

My situation is the same as Neil's.

I've got all the bank transaction in the portal but then what? A small number of them automatically indicate a match but how do you reconcile what is in the portal with the bank account in Reckon?

John

• Liam Francisco
    Liam Francisco Member Posts: 20

had the same problem, was told today that we were notified that fast coding was the only way we could do what we were doing before. I checked my emails this is not true. I have only ever received emails telling us about fast coding, but not that the old bank feeds would not be available any more, as far as linking my existing feed, that didn't work. they are looking into that for me. in the meantime I have set it up through Yodlee and it is not showing any transactions at all yet. hopefully this will work tomorrow. Maybe this is why people keep recommending I switch to Xero.

• NeilHardy

HI Liam, i went back to the old way of importing qif files. I haven't had any luck with fast coding.

I'm still waiting for my call back from support as he escalated it to the next level. ticket# CAS-122409-X6M5M2, support?

• Liam Francisco
    Liam Francisco Member Posts: 20

Thanks Neil. I have never done the qif way, hopefully they sort out the fast coding, I will have another look at it tonight when I get back to my office. I hope they sort yours out. Cheers Liam

• Jane_9709505

Fast coding is working for me now. But it's very annoying that I had to set up all my rules again.

• NeilHardy

Hi Jane, well your lucky to that far. I only get the same error when i try to sync.

• Jane_9709505

I was originally getting an error as well, although I think it was a different error. One thing I had to realise was that the Reckon file needs to be in multi user mode for the fast coding to work. That's what fixed it for me. As I'm a solo bookkeeper that had never been a consideration for me so it took me longer that it should have to realise that was causing an error 😬

• JuliaSanders
    JuliaSanders Member Posts: 13

Hi @Rav

Is there any resolution for Enterprise (desktop)?

The efficiency of bank feeds is completely lost in the forced change to importing qif files. We run a couple dozen Reckon files and have close to 40 bank accounts so the time spent is enormous. Why has Reckon gone backwards with this?