Gov Connect

Michelle_7617059
Michelle_7617059 Member Posts: 7

I'm trying to add a company to my Gov connect but it says that ABN has already been registered - I think I tried once before but failed, can you advise please? Thank you

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

I'll need to check out where that ABN has been registered to previously.

Can you let me know the ABN that you're trying to add to GovConnect please.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle_7617059

40 000 420 664 thank you

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks Michelle.

I've had a look at this ABN and yes it has been registered already into GovConnect but more importantly, there have been submissions sent to the ATO for it as well. Due to that, I can't delete the ABN registration as we're required to retain submission data by the ATO.

Can you give me a bit of background on what's happened and what you're wanting to do. I'm guessing you have an account under a different email address that you want this ABN to be under, is that correct?

Do you still have access to the original account that the ABN has been registered under?

There are a couple of options depending on how you want things to be setup.

The first option is sharing the STP entity from the original account to yours so that you both have access to the STP entity. I'll link a guide below on how to share an STP entity from GovConnect to other users below -

The second option is to transfer the ownership of the existing STP entity from one account (the original account its registered in) to the recipient (your account). You'll need to have a chat with our Support team to kick this off as there are some security requirements around this including a statutory declaration.

Once the transfer of ownership is completed, the STP entity will be removed from your account and live exclusively in the receiving party's account from that point forward.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle_7617059

Thanks Rav,

tbh I have no idea what I've done - I've parked this for some time as I found the setup process very confusing.

That client we have had forever and I have found another email address that I may have used to set up.

In Reckon Hosted when I process the STP it then takes me to the Reckon Customer Portal (I have no idea how to access this page without first creating an STP file) when I'm in the portal and click on Reckon GovConnect I can't see the tile for this company either on the 'subscritions' page or 'shared with me' - have I deleted that? Are you able to get that tile back for me?

Thanks

Michelle

• Rav

In Reckon Hosted when I process the STP it then takes me to the Reckon Customer Portal (I have no idea how to access this page without first creating an STP file)

You can access the Portal from this page here - https://portal.reckon.com/

I think what is happening here is that you have two Portal accounts under different login credentials. When you go into the Portal via your Reckon Accounts Hosted file as you've described, its logging you in to Portal using the same login details that you use to access Hosted. But that doesn't necessarily mean you setup the STP tile in that account.. you might have created a Portal account under an email address for example and the STP tile might have been registered in there.

What is the ABN for the company that you're trying to submit STP for in Hosted in this example?

• Michelle_7617059

Yes you are right - I could access from the portal page - thank you