How can I export / Import categories to a new Reckon PP21 data file?

Options
PeterCherry
PeterCherry Member Posts: 4

Hi Community,

I am setting up a new data file in Reckon Personal Plus 21 and would like to export all of my categories from my old data file and import into the new file to avoid having to recreate an extensive list.

I have been able to locate a way to import categories from a QIF file of transactions but not how to export all categories from a data file and import into a new file - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Peter,

another thought make a copy of your old file and bulk delete everything from day one in each bank account so you are left with what you want, it may be a longish process base on your file. i tried it in the sample file and it seemed to work in catagories etc. Just a thought.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• PeterCherry
    edited July 2021
    Options

UPDATE:

I'm sure that I used to be able to export categories from previous versions of quicken/reckon personal plus but this is the only export menu options I now have in PP21?

• PeterCherry
    Options

Gerry - thanks for the alternative option but i've now created the new data file and manually entered all accounts again so if I can import/export categories that would be preferred. Is there a way to do it?

I'm also concerned that the corruption in original file that's affecting the net worth reports with share account balances will carry through if i start from the old data file? When I recreated data in the sample file the account balances were correct.