Reckon Accounts Plus new STP

Options
rbeven
rbeven Member Posts: 2
edited August 2021 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I am running Reckon Accounts Plus 2020 on my PC . I have just been made aware that the STP option is now retired ( I have already entered 3 payroll transfers in July & August so that comes as a surprise)!

I do not want to migrate to a mobile app. I want to stay on the web.

What do I need to download.? I am going around in circles on your help site & can’t make head or tails of the instructions there- I just run a small business but am not a tech whizz which you seem to need to be to follow it all!

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

@rbeven

If you're still running Reckon Accounts 2020 and need to continue with your STP submissions then you'll need to upgrade to the current edition of your software which is Reckon Accounts 2021.

The 2021 edition contains the current 2021/22 financial year's tax tables and will also be compatible with the GovConnect service that you're using for STP.

If you've already purchased the 2021 upgrade you can download and install it from the Reckon Members Area which I'll link below. To login to the Members Area you'll need your Customer ID & PIN.

Alternatively, if you give our Customer Service team a call on 1800 732 566 our team will be able to get you sorted 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• rbeven
    rbeven Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have now downloaded and updated successfully to Reckon 2021.

Does this mean that I now continue paying employees as per the STP GOVTCONNECT link that I have been using ?

I was lead to believe from the community site comments that I needed to go onto a new payroll system entirely. This is all very confusing and stressful and I can see that I am not the only user who feels this way.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@rbeven

If you've upgraded to the 2021 edition then you can continue submitting STP using GovConnect like you have been using the new edition.

I was lead to believe from the community site comments that I needed to go onto a new payroll system entirely.

I'm assuming you're referring to the info and discussions around the migration to the Payroll mobile app for users who have been using the STP mobile app. This is a completely separate and unrelated software product to what you are using.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.