What happens if we do not renew

Options
jakegardner1
jakegardner1 Member Posts: 2

I am thinking about moving to reckon one, we are currently using Reckon Accounts desktop.

I want to start reckon one fresh and do not want to move all historical data accross.

Are we still able to use Reckon Accounts Desktop if we stop paying the subscription?

Currently on 2021 version.

Answers

• jakegardner1
    jakegardner1 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Just want to use a cloud version.

Dont like Reckon hosted, seems like it is a bit backward.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

@jakegardner1

As Kevin has mentioned you can obtain a read-only copy of Reckon Accounts Enterprise which you can use to view your company file that you use in Hosted currently. You'll need to download a copy of the file from Hosted and then open it in Enterprise.

I'd highly recommend that you trial Reckon One fully for 30 days first just so you have an idea of its workflow and features. While Hosted might be a bit more 'older' in its looks, its functionality is unmatched so just give Reckon One a test drive first to make sure it does what you need it to.

You can kick off a 30 day trial of Reckon One here - https://www.reckon.com/au/accounting-software/

If you're happy to proceed, give our Customer Service team a call and they'll sort out of copy of Enterprise for you and close your Hosted subscription as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

if you are using Reckon desktop and you move to Hosted you will hardly notice any difference in the process, Reckon One is quite different

• Omar_ReckonLtd
    Omar_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 81 Reckon Staff
    Options

If you are 'currently using Reckon Accounts desktop' and you do not renew, then the software should continue to allow you 'read-only' access to view the company data file (QBW).

You can also install a new Trial Version of the newer versions of the software such as Reckon Accounts 2022 when it is released.

You indicated: "I want to start reckon one fresh and do not want to move all historical data accross."

If you want to fully start fresh and manually enter each new Account, Customer, Supplier, Item then you can do so.

We also offer a no-cost migration of those lists records (Account, Customer, Supplier, Item) to the Reckon One platform.