Debtor Payments


How do you transfer a debtor payment, that was originally coded to Suspense, to pay off an outstanding invoice?


  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,393 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

    I would do the receive payment as it should be and then delete the original entry that went to suspense and tick off the transaction in the next bank rec . But be careful as it may impact your BAS. If it would then I would do a journal entry in the current BAS period.

    debit suspense then credit Accounts Receivable and put in the customer name so it allocates the payment