RECKON HOME iNVENTORY

Hi I have just downloaded Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 to my PC. I have been using Quicken/Reckon Accounts personal Plus for 25+ years.

I have also used Home Inventory for decades. Until recently, Home Inventory software updates came with the Personal Pus CD which was posted to me every year. The annual CD is no longer provided by Reckon.

The Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 download does not contain the Home Inventory update. I have logged on to members.reckon.com but cannot locate Home Inventory.

Questions:

1. Does Reckon still provide regular updates for the Home Inventory software?
  2. If so, where can I find it to download to update my current Home Inventory version?

Thank you

Therapy

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

It is in your downloads in Disk 1 call me if you want a hand on Monday

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Malcolm Odam
    Malcolm Odam Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem. QHIM.exe simply gives me the flash screen then nothing.

What is the advice?

• Therapy
    Therapy Member Posts: 2

Thanks to Gerry I have found the Home Inventory software update that comes with Reckon Personal Plus $180 per annum fee.

After downloading and installing Reckon Personal Plus, the Home Inventory software (which comes with Personal Plus) can then be updated, as follows:

1.      Go to the Temp folder on your C drive

2.      Click on Reckon_Accounts_Personal 202x, then click on HAB and then click on DISK1.

3.      Then find Reckon Account Home Inventory Manager and click on it and then click on installer and then click on Qhinstall which will bring up the Reckon Home Inventory – InstallShield Wizard page and click on Next 

In my opinion, in respect of their Personal Plus product, Reckon is becoming less customer friendly/focussed. After paying the $180 fee, the email acknowledging payment was not helpful in telling me where to download the lastest software and made no mention of Home Inventory. Their helpline could not help other than to say "I don't know" but suggested contacting Reckon community. Without someone like Gerry I would never have found the current Home Inventory. Thanks Gerry.

Come on Reckon! You would not treat your business customers in this way.

• Trevor Burdon
    Trevor Burdon Member Posts: 5

In my opinion Reckon has not looked after Personal Plus customers for a decade!

• Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Therapy - thanks so much!!! A real dilemma solved.

Richard