Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2022 downloaded but wants me to delete previous versions.

Options

When I double clicked on the download, it had already ticked "Overwrite files without prompting" and "When done unzipping open: \HAB\DISK1\Setup.exe". When the setup executed it wanted me to delete old versions. I thought it was already going to overwrite the files? I do not know exactly where and what files I need to delete. Can you list what file names I need to delete? I do not want to get this wrong.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

It is only the program that you need to uninstall not your data file that hold all your info. as if can only have a H&B program installed at one time.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Sues
    Sues Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you, I have uninstalled the 2021 program now but am not sure how to initiate the install of 2022 as the window for that has disappeared. Do I have to download the program again? I am sure that it is already downloaded but not sure where the install or setup is. If I download it twice will it create problems?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

You'll find the installation setup file in the location in which you saved the download. This largely depends on where you've selected to save the file at the time of download, in most cases it will be the 'Downloads' folder.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,227 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Please call me and i will do it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Sues
    Sues Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Rav, I found the file and have successfully installed 2022. Thank you both for replying.

• NotHappyJan_10864604
    NotHappyJan_10864604 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Im having the same issue. Where can I find the program file and is it safe to delete it without a external backup copy?

• GerryWinter
    Options

Call me and let me sort it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• NotHappyJan_10864604
    NotHappyJan_10864604 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you so much Gerry. You saved the day. Sorted everything and nothing was lost. Thank you!