How do I get a tech person to call me re problems installing annual update?

How do I get a tech person to call me re problems installing annual update?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @dasher

What are the specific issues you're currently encountering with your install? Are you running into an error message? If so, what is it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dasher
    dasher Member Posts: 5

Thanks Rav for replying. I have put more info in the next post.

• dasher

I have copied it from 2nd post - After over ten years with Quicken/Reckon and updating annually when renewal due, this time I can download and unzip the 2022 file, but I don't get a prompt to go any further ie "setup" app file does not appear as the Winzip window suggested it should in /HAB/DISK1/setup.exe. I went to the folder where I unzipped 2022 but clicking on setup.exe does not work. But clicking on Reckon Accounts 2022 windows installer did start the installation, but when I rang the 1800 number to activate it, I was told the code I read out to her was for 2021 version. So I need a tech rep to contact me. I have gone back to square one several times with no success. What has changed this year to make this so difficult.

This is my first time using a discussion forum - sorry for doubling up the posts.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

If you call me i would do the installation for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks @GerryWinter

Hi @dasher just as a heads up, Gerry is one of our Accredited Partners and is an absolute magician with the Personal Range, I'd highly recommend that you connect with him.

Something that you mentioned though is that they advised you had the installation key code for the 2021 version rather than the 2022 edition you were trying to activate. If you login to the Members Area HERE and then select the 2022 edition in the 'Download Software' area, you'll find the Installation Key Code listed there. I've attached an example screenshot from my account below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• dasher

Thank you Rav. The code I was referring to was probably the activation code not the IKC. Gerry has helped me with the install but there were a few things he found strange along the way. He may refer his concerns to Reckon.

• dasher

Gerry was able to sort out my unusual installation problem which contributed to other problems when running the program. Thanks Gerry.