Salary Sacrifice Superannuation

Options

I have set up an employee to Salary Sacrifice Superannuation $50 per week.

I note that the PAYG amount has decreased by $6, which is the reason for wanting to Salary Sacrifice Super, but I also noticed that their SG amount has also decreased by $5 even though the hours haven't changed. Is it correct that their SG amount would have or should have decreased, or have I set this up incorrectly?

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 442 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    Options

Definitely set up incorrectly. By law, SG cannot be reduced as a result of Sal Sac.

Check the settings for your employee and make sure that there is nothing in there allowing SG to be reduced.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

There is a box somewhere that says to calculate SG on the wages before or after SS is applied, just can’t remember where that is. Will have a look as soon as I can

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Sunstate_Fruits Member Posts: 19
    Options

Thanks for the replies. It this is box you are referring to in the Employee settings: "Salary Sacrifice Items: Reduce Employer Contributions"

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Spot on, untick that and test it

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Sunstate_Fruits Member Posts: 19
    Options

Thanks Kris, yes I did that and it worked!!!!! Thank you so much.