Selling Assets - step by step - Reckon Accounts Desktop Australia
I have a newbie question.
Could someone please provide step by step procededure for achieving sale of assets?
I have read every help file and am still confused as to the correct procedure.
I don't have fixed assests set up as items. For example Motor Vehicle:
My Chart of Accounts has Motor Vehicle as the main account, with sub accounts of Accumulated Depreciation and At Cost. I understand how to find the current value.
I understand that I can create a Sales Reciept for the asset and recieve the payment against that sales reciept using Motor Vehicle as the account in the deposit slip.
Is this all I need to do, or do I also need to make General Journal entries?
PLease correct me if I have already mistaken the procedure.
Thanks in Advance,
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 144 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 1.1K Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 945 Payroll Premier
- 115 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 326 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community