Unable to access company file

Options
Julie C
Julie C Member Posts: 56

I have been trying to access my company file for over 1 hour this morning. Prompting me with username and password incorrect. Details are stored in a password app and should be correct

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Julie,

Is this occurring when you attempt to login to the Hosted service itself (https://hosted.reckon.com/) OR your company file login after logging into Hosted?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie C
    Options

My company file after logging in to Hosted

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Right ok. If you enter the user name and password manually yourself rather than populating it via the password manager app does it work?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Julie C
    Options

No, it doesn't work using my password

• Julie C
    Options

Rav, any other suggestions. Tech support lodged a case at 8.30 and I haven't heard back. I'm unable to access my data file

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Have you got a backup, you could restore this and see if problem persists

• Julie C
    Options

Yes, I have tried this, still coming up incorrect user name or password. I access this file every day and has only become an issue this morning after the update over the weekend

• Rav
    Options

Hi Julie,

A couple of things;

Are you opening the correct/right file? ie. do your files have a similar naming convention and if so, are you opening the appropriate file that you're looking to access?

Have you actually designated a unique password to the file? ie. If you are the admin have you tried the login window as Admin and the password field blank?

Aside from this, the only other option I can suggest to the password removal service which I'll link some info to below

Please note, the work that was carried out over the weekend to Hosted was only specific to the removal of QBB files older than 12 months and does not have any impact on file logins.

• Julie C
    Options

Thanks Rav, the company file I am trying to access is dated today. I did a backup on Friday morning and I am unable to open this file. The message is not a QBW file, yet the extension is a QBW file. Admin also does not work

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

As Rav stated, do you have more than one qbw file? Are you selecting the file or just trying to open the one that comes up after you have logged in to Hosted?

• Julie C
    Options

There are only 2 company files to select in the Q:. One is dated today and the other July 2021. The backup I did Friday is in the B:

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I am happy to have a look with you on the phone if you are happy to give me your login details.

• Julie C
    Options

Thanks for your offer Kris. I ended up using data recovery (at a cost) to reset the admin password. It still doesn't make sense as to me what happened and why I had to pay to access my data file.

• Omar_ReckonLtd
    Omar_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 81 Reckon Staff
    Options

When encountering a problem with opening files, especially ones that only recently were accessible it is good to determine:

1) What are the file names and locations, shown on the "No Company Open" screen as these will list the most recently previously opened files.

2) Determine what QBW files are named and are present on the root Q:\ drive

3) Determine whether there are any shared folders and what files are contained there

Are there similarly named files?

What are their file sizes?

What 'date' is shown alongside as to when these were last attempted to be opened?

The express password removal service is chargeable.

We do offer free password removal services, however these are assigned to a low priority queue.

If you make regular backups as required, these can be a valuable in allowing you to quickly restore the most recently good accessible copy of the data file, removing the need for any chargeable data services.