Removed Onedrive & lost Quicken data. Wants to restore .QDF but recent save is .RKN ??

Options

I removed the Onedrive on my main PC because I stopped using Onedrive a couple of years ago. However I later found two programs were still storing data there.

One of those programs was Quicken now known as Reckon.

I purchased Quicken Personal Plus in about 2014/2015 but I notice it is installed under the name: Reckon Accounts Personal.

When I open the program it gives me the option to restore using a backup file but it is only looking for a QDF file yet my most recent save was two days ago as a .RKN file. So I tried renaming the .RKN to .QDF but that was not successful. So I telephoned & was told to consult the Community Discussion board. I offered to buy a new product but was told ok but they don't support that also and it is now a yearly subscription.

Can someone please suggest a solution?

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

.RKN is the normal file that needs restoring, call me if you need a hand.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• dave7072
    dave7072 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Brilliant assistance from Gerry.

I failed to read further to the right on the screen, telling me it would also accept files with a .RKN extension.

I chose my 2 day old .RKN file and it was accepted. (talk about feeling silly)

I am grateful for his kind assistance :)