How to set a Closing Date at reckon one

Options
May Lee
May Lee Member Posts: 23
edited September 2022 in Reckon One

I have been using Reckon One for 5 years. So I go quite some invoices and data in Reckon One.

I found it is getting slow when I lick the invoice to bring up all invoices. So I wonder how to optimise it? I think I need to close off the previous years. Or someone say set a close date. However, I couldn't find a spot to do that. I saw one suggestions says lick company, and so on. Could someone help with more specific places and steps. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @May Lee

There is no closing date or rollover process with Reckon One as its continuous and we take care of the performance aspect of it on our end.

Is it specifically the invoice list that you find is loading a little slower than usual? How long would you say its taking to load and does it occur each & every time you access the invoice list?

A quick tip that I can recommend would be to change the amount of rows that show in the invoice list to something a little smaller as I believe that causes the invoice to generate quicker.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• May Lee
    Options

Hi Rav

Thank you. I changed it to show 20 rows, however, it is the same slow as show 100. Basically it pauses a few seconds (6 seconds each time and pops up " there's nothing here yet")However, when I click Bills and Estimate, it is much quicker ( though I do choose show 100 rows for them). I reckon doesn't matter you choose show 20 rows or not, there are quite many pages to bring up as I do a lot of invoices.

So there is no way that you don't need to show invoices or other parts from all the years. For me, its from 2017.

Could you please look into this as I always wonder it won't pop up when it says nothing there yet. Many thanks.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @May Lee

While I can get some further insight into this from our devs, we'll need access to your Reckon One book in order to do any further investigation. Can you please review the info in the article below and provide support with access to your book -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• May Lee
    Options

Thanks for quick reply.

I followed instruction and want to share with support. However, it says this link has expired or invalid. Please contact support.

I have attached a screenshot here FYI.

• Rav
    Options

Hi @May Lee

I've just sent through an invite from my end to request access. It will appear as a notification in your Portal account.

If you can grant access from there that would be great.

Cheers

• May Lee
    Options

Thanks. I granted the access.

It's quicker this morning. But quite often, it is slow.

• Rav
    Options

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you @May Lee

Can you please try it now for the next few days and let me know if you still experience the same delays when accessing your invoice list.

Cheers