Reckon Home Invetory Manager

Options

My problem is with getting Reckon Home Inventory Manager to run.

I have Home Inventory Manager software on my new laptop, with a shortcut installed on my desktop.

However, when I double click the shortcut to open it, a red box with "Welcome to Reckon Home Inventory Manager" flashes up for about 3 seconds, and then the box disappears, and nothing happens.

Please could you advise how to get Reckon Home Inventory Manager running.

Kind regards,

Ken Palmer

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Ken

We've got a help article for something that sounds quite similar to what you've described however its a bit older now and quite specific as well. I'll link it below nonetheless as it might help -

Take a look and see if that helps at all.

If not, the other thing I'd recommend is ensuring your file name is less than 8 characters in length.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited October 2022
    Options

try opening it from the Windows start by going to

Reckon Home Inventory Manager

as administarter

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Ken_10864559
    Ken_10864559 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Thank you Rav and Gerry, unfortunately neither suggestions worked.

Hower, I forgot to say in my starting post that Reckon Home Inventory Manager is included with my Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 Upgrade (perpetual licence).

Could you review and advise further, please.

Kind regards,

Ken Palmer

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

It may be time to upgrade if you want it to work properly

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Ken_10864559
    Options

I use the accounts part of Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2017 Upgrade to run my home budget. I have been very happy with it, and it is running well at present on my new laptop. I have no need to upgrade it. Surely Home Inventory Manager should run OK as part of the whole package. Are there any settings I should look out for?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Kind regards,

Ken Palmer.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Ken,

Is your file name more than 8 characters in length? If so, please shorten the file name to something less than 8 characters and then try again.

If that doesn't prove successful, the only other option I can suggest is to perform a clean uninstall and reinstall. There's a step by step walkthrough on this process in the guide below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ken_10864559
    Options

Hi Rav,

Please could you advise which file name should have less than 8 characters

• GerryWinter
    Options

Your working file that you are having problems with.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"