Personal Plus 2022 crashes whenever trying to access an investment account

Options
Mike Austin
Mike Austin Member Posts: 6

I have a bunch of investment accounts for various Australian and International managed funds and direct share investments.

Whenever I click on one of the international ones (its a USD$ account) Reckon crashes and sends an error report.

How do I go about getting some info out of Reckon as to what's causing the crash, and potentially what I can do to resolve it? I'm trying to update some info in that account, but with the instability issues, I can't.

It quotes an error code, but this isn't consistent from one crash to the next. So far I've recorded the following with the last three crashes

Mike

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Have you done the usual checks

File Operations

validate

super validate

check your name length

go back to a backup before the problem occured

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Mike Austin
    Options

I've done the validate and super validate.

Not sure what the name length restriction is, so can't confirm that. Are you able to elaborate on what I need to be checking for there?

Have gone back through all my backups for the last 30 days and they are all showing the same behaviour.

Mike

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Name length should be no longer than 8 characters also make sure the location od the data file is in C: drive.

just have a look at an older backup a well.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Mike Austin
    Options

OK, seems moving it onto C:\ has fixed the issue.

I did have all the files sitting on my OneDrive folder so that they get backed up in the Cloud, but I might just resort to having the back up files located there and the working file on the C:\.

Can't believe that 2022 software has an 8 character file name restriction!! I thought that went out with Windows 3.1.

Thanks for your help though

Cheers,

Mike