Why is my renewal fee $40 more than a new licence fee (Reckon Personal Plus)?

Options

Looking at a new licence fee I find that it is $40 cheaper than my renewal licence. It would seem to me that it would pay to back up my current data (.rkn file), uninstall my Reckon Personal Plus, buy a new licence and install, then import/or just open the .rkn file. Is there anything wrong with this scenario? My installation is purely on my Win10 PC - I have no use of the Web for any of my personal accounting activities.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,224 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Can you show me where this is the case as its ljust not ogical.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Paul Lloyd
    Paul Lloyd Member Posts: 12
    Options

I've just thought of an alternative. Buy the new licence, and replace the existing install's key with the new key using the "Start over with new key" (or whatever it's moniker is).

Paul.

• Paul Lloyd
    Options

Gerry,

This is the public version: https://www.reckon.com/au/personal/ ($180)

I don't know whether you can see my renewal notice on my account but it is at: https://estore.reckon.com.au/home/estorefaqs.aspx?showtab=2. Here is a screen shot for your bemusement!

So, what can I do next? The $40 difference can't be due to $US-$AU conversion.

Still scratching my head, Paul.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,224 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited December 2022
    Options

That renewal is wrong let me get it fixed for you on Monday, Text me your ID, by the way the new rate for next year is $190.00 so lets make sure we renew it as asap.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Paul Lloyd
    Options

Gerry,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I'm still curious about the $10 difference. I would have thought that parity was at least logical, and possibly a small discount to retain customers (afterall, doesn't a new licence imply that there is a bit of admin involved?)

I'm about to text you my customer id.

Thanks again, Paul.

• Paul Lloyd
    Options

Gerry,

Just some follow up: Reckon phoned me near Christmas to say that they would fix this problem early in the new year. I checked on 3rd Jan and the renewal fee had dropped to $190. I haven't checked what the new licence fee is to see if there is any difference.

I paid the $190 via my account login, not through the application's renewal process, and have just confirmed that there is a payment recorded in my bank statement for 03/01/23. I have also checked that my account says that my licence expires 16/01/24. However, when I open my application it's still saying that my licence will expire in 5 days' time. I'm going to check with Reckon North Sydney to see if there is something I should do.

Thanks for sorting out the original issue. This is a new one. Paul.