Can I share my Reckon Personal Plus 2022 with my Accountant, if so how?

Options

This is my first posting

Best Answer

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Everything now is based on a yearly subscription. Old versions cannot see new versions but new versions can see old ones

If you don't renew, the share price will drop off as well eventually

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited February 2023
    Options

Firstly you could do a backup and as long as he has the current version he could look at your backup file, secondly you could give him access to your machine so he could log in and see what you have got.

If he doesnt have a copy of PP2023 he can get a trial version for free from Reckon.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• komalley
    komalley Member Posts: 3
    Options

My accountant does not use Reckon, so that would mean I would incur yearly double cost, to me, for him to install it, as this will be an additional ongoing cost,

The purpose of doing this is to facilitate support for my wife, who does not understand how to access our home financial software, does not do any banking, or paying of accounts and I am looking for security (for my wife) should I pass away before her, I am have now passed 85 years and my wife's age is similar.

• GerryWinter
    Options

Your accountant should be able to afford this as we all know how they charge and it could lead to them being able to help other clients.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• komalley
    komalley Member Posts: 3
    Options

Another thought, the reason why I subscribe to an updated version each year is the facilitate daily price update for my share portfolio, in other words I will be personally tasked with the day to day activity. Under these circumstances would it be necessary for my Accountant to update his version of PP do so Otherwise in my opinion I probably would not required the latest version each year

Given this scenario, if my accountant, on my perhalf, purchases a current version would it be necessary for him to have an updated version each year, and would here be able to continually see data from my updated version and if so how many years would here be able to do this.

I hope, what I'm asking you makes sense, in other words I don't replace my accountant software yearly, maybe every three years, or so?