Activating software - Reckon Accounts Personal Plus

Options

Please, somebody out there, HELP.

Paid my renewal subscription last Wednesday. But, cannot use my software - said I have not renewed my subscription - but have paid. Tried to contact head office since Friday. The site said Mon to Fri 9 to 5.30 only. Finally got through today. They cannot help me to activate the software, as I was at work and not in front of my home computer. Getting a little upset, I inform them that some of us work 9 to 5 plus travel, so what now...........Then they told me that the Reckon office hours are 8.30am to 7pm Mon to Fri. I race home to get to my computer 6.33pm.....and guess what....you have rung outside of our office hours.....try again. What kind of an organisation is this.

Now trying Reckon Community, and tried some of the suggestions on the site but this also hasn't been fruitful, but that's probably me as the operator.

I have now lost 5 days where I have not been able to use my existing software, which I paid good money for. If I sound somewhat angered...........well guess what.......I am.

Probably not the best way to make friends and influence people, especially when one is looking for help.......but this is not the first time with Reckon.........and quite frankly I am getting sick of it. Why can't Reckon just send me (oh! here's a thought, a receipt for my payment, which incidentally they don't seem to know how to do) and with it the activation procedures or codes or whatever................to make the software work. Why do I need somebody to do this for me.

Anyway, after all that, if there is someone out there that is still willing and able to help, it would be appreciated. And if not, maybe you can have a good laugh.

GordoV

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,304 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Have you tried logging into the members site, your software and license code should be there

• GordoV
    GordoV Member Posts: 4
    Options

I'm sorry.

But what do you mean, members site, is it this?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,304 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Yes, that’s it, login and select software and you should see your program

• GordoV
    GordoV Member Posts: 4
    Options

Kris,

Thank you.

After some 30 minutes, making a few mistakes, I have it working, I think.

It is not exactly intuitive, is it.

It doesn't update your software.

You have to delete the old.......then you have to execute a new download....then run new .exe file.....then one has to re-register.

What an ordeal.

It does make sense now that I have gone through it, but Jeez, Reckon could try and improve their communication skills, and by the way, could also improve their website.

But I do thank you kindly for all your help.

regards Gordon

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Glad you got it sorted