LONG SERVICE LEAVE

Options
Jenny Byrne
Jenny Byrne Member Posts: 61 ✭✭

How do i set up long serve leave and then cash it out. ie the employee is still working. I have set up other holiday as LSLbut the payslip still shows that I have cashed the lsl out but it still says that LSL still owing

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,301 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Have you set this payroll item up to accrue leave?

• Jenny Byrne
    Options

Yes, I have set it up to come from expense account.

I have set up other 1 as LSL and I changed the LSL owing to 438 hours and the hours used to 438. Do I need to do a general journal to clear the 438 hours from the leave liability report and his payslip

• Jenny Byrne
    Options

No I have not et it up to accrue leave. Did not read the question properly. This staff has cashed out his LSL and because the business will close in a few months he will not reach his 10 years so there is no need to set up to accrue

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,301 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

No journal entry, have you set it up to accrue leave on this item though, because it may have accrued leave on the 438 hours when you paid it out. Go to the item in Payroll items list, click on the leave tab and see if it’s set to accrue any leave

• Jenny Byrne
    Options

What i need is for his pay slip to say used 438 and avail 0

• Kris_Williams
    Options

You can call me if you wish