Problems launching Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022

Jane_Ethan
Jane_Ethan Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

Hello, I use the Desktop version of Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2022 on my Windows 11 Home 64 bit operating system laptop. It was working fine until 25 April 2023, when I am unable to launch the program. I get a small Reckon icon on my taskbar and a small window when I hover over it. When I hover over the small window it is blank. I've tried opening the program by clicking the Open option from the menu that pops up if I click on Reckon Accounts 2022 menu which pops up when I click on the Reckon icon, but nothing happens. What can I do?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Jane_Ethan

Are you running multiple desktop views on your PC by any chance? ie. could Personal Plus be open but running on that other desktop view?

There's information on multiple desktop views in Windows from Microsoft below -

• Jane_Ethan

No, I'm only using one desktop. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the same problem occurs.

• Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 38 Reckoner Reckoner

Can you, or have you, tried a Windows system 11 restore before the problem occurred?

• Jane_Ethan

I didn't make any changes to the Windows system before the problem occurred. The software was working fine.

• Fred_7639421
    Fred_7639421 Member Posts: 38 Reckoner Reckoner

If you have solved your problem and Reckon is now working, congratulationsπŸ‘οΈ and end of discussion. However, if you are still unable to use Reckon - you didn't answer the question. Maybe I was not clear, I should have said RESTORE POINT not restore. If RESTORE POINT gets you back to before the problem occurred then at least you can use Reckon and try to solve the problem after that point. You personally don't have to change Windows Operating System for something detrimental to happen (Sh***t happens), Windows automatic updates, automatic software updates, cosmic rays, who knows!

Regards

ps. If you are a Computer Professional/Expert - sorry for the above, as you already know this.πŸ‘¨β€πŸŽ“

• Philip Johnson
    Philip Johnson Member Posts: 1 Reckoner Reckoner

I upgraded to a new PC running Windows 11. After instlaling Personal plus I can no longer open the program. For a while it let me open by double clicking on the qdf file but now even that has failed.

Is Reckon Accounst 2022 even compatible with Windows 11?