Installing Quicken Personal Plus 2004

When attempting to install Personal Plus 2004 from the trial download onto a Windows 10 machine, the actual software that loads is Cashbook Home & Business 2004. I am attempting to move personal plus from an old machine to new.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @medgcumbe

Can I just clarify, is there a specific reason you're installing the 2004 trial version on the Windows 10 PC? ie. are you attempting to go through an upgrade to the current 2022 edition of the software?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi again,

Are you trying to open an older file created prior to the 2004 version? eg. Personal Plus v8

If you open a file by clicking the File menu and select Open, does it open successfully? If so, are there any messages that display when doing so eg. something to the effect of your file will be upgraded etc.

Also, on your old PC, what version of software do you have installed? Is it Personal Plus?

Is the screenshot you've added from the old PC or new machine?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• medgcumbe
    medgcumbe Member Posts: 2

I'm trying to replicate personal Plus 2004 on a new PC, as thats the same version as is on the old PC. Not intending to upgrade. The screenshot is what has installed on the new PC.