I seem to have lost all historical share price data for my Portfolios.

Ron Angove
Ron Angove Member Posts: 14 Reckoner Reckoner

How can I retrieve same?

Answers

• Ron Angove

I have lost all my share price historical data going back quite a long time.

How can I retrieve same

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 442 Professional Partner Professional Partner

Is it missing from Reckon or from some other records?

• Ron Angove

Missing from Reckon Personal Plus 2020

• Bruce

Never heard of that happening before, so my capacity to offer any deep insight is sadly limited.

First thing I would do is look for a back up copy of the data file and see if that solves the problem

• Ron Angove

I will try that thank you Bruce

• Ron Angove

No luck with backup of data file

• Bruce

Just double checking

Have you lost details of the prices you have made for your purchases or just access to share prices on any given date?

• Ron Angove

Have lost all data prior to about a week ago. For example I have held ANZ since about 2003 and have lost all ANZ share prices up to a week ago.

• Bruce

I interpret this as meaning that you can still see how much your paid for ANZ shares purchased in 2003 and that what you can't see is the closing price e.g. $23.11 for ANZ shares on 21 June. (I obtained the 21 June price from my broker (Commsec) rather than through Reckon.)

If this interpretation is correct, is the share price service a subscription service which has expired?

In addition, if this interpretation is correct then your accounting/tax records should still be Ok.

• Ron Angove

Not a subscription service Bruce. I get all my price info through Reckon.

The history is still there somewhere as the profit/loss and ROI data still shows up but the ROI for last12 months doesn't appear and neither does the ROI for 3 years and 5 years. It seems to be the time data that is maybe causing the problem

• Bruce

I'm afraid I've got no other suggestions. Hope somebody else can help Ron

• Ron Angove

Is there anyway I can reload Reckon. My subscription runs out later in the year/.

No problems Bruce Many thanks anyway

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Ron Angove

Did this occur after an upgrade to your Personal Plus software? The reason I ask is, I've found a help guide which I'll link below that outlines some potential steps to try that might be useful -

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

I have always found that it's been the case when somebody has downloaded and restored a previous version not the latest data file

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Yes very good point @GerryWinter

Ron, do your files have a similar naming convention? If so, can you please confirm that you're opening the latest version of your file.

• Ron Angove

I believe I am opening the latest .RKN File.

However I noticed there was a significant change in the file name between 14 June and 22nd June when I was away on leave

• Ron Angove

If I reload my Reckon Software without overwriting files is that likely to solve my historical files loss problem?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Reloading your software has nothing to do with your data file that is why you need to look at your backups as to when it was all correct. Call me if you need a hand.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Ron Angove

Thank you Gerry. I will look back and refresh my memory on this and very likely to give you a call.