Diminished size of invoice logo

Options
Jean_10862158
Jean_10862158 Member Posts: 49

This week I found that when I view an invoice to a customer, the logo looks fine, but when I go to print it, it has diminished to so tiny as to be unreadable.

Why is this? How is it fixed?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,538 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jean

I just tried this out in my test book. I added a custom image to the header then viewed it in print preview before printing. In both cases, it looks normal in terms of quality.

Have there been any changes to your image OR invoice template recently?

Does your logo image meet the recommended size parameters?

Are you able to provide a screenshot/image of the invoice header after it prints?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

I uploaded another image, and it then became tiny in both view and print. This is how it looked after I emailed the invoice to myself.

So I picked another jpg image and it seems to have worked. Both viewing and print and after it is emailed have retained a larger than optimal. Better than being too tiny.

No-one had changed the logo since it was first set up a few years ago. I am the only one who knew where to, the manager who does invoices doesn't know. All the files of logos are less than 1MB. The one I have just uploaded is 113KB, I don't remember what exactly was there before, but it could have been a bit larger but still less than 1MB yet showed up as smaller.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

I am having this problem again, now with a statement. It was okay when I did June statements, but now it is virtually unreadable. I can try and upload another version, but why does it happen. There isn't much option of sizes when uploading a logo, as I would like an inbetween one, rather than huge or way too small. Any ideas?

• Jean_10862158
    Options

I have just tried uploading 2 more logo files with the same result. When I select PDF, the logo is way too small. I can't send statements out looking like that. How do I fix it please?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,538 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi Jean

Can you attach the image file you're using for your logo here and I'll try it in my test book to see if I encounter the same behaviour you're experiencing with it.

Use the attachment option in the comment field -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

I have now found a file that works, but am puzzled as to why it changed size. I hadn't changed logo files for such a long time until this happened. The attached 3 files, all failed the size issue. The GForceCompliance extra scale3.png was the one that had been in for over a year.

• Rav
    Options

Thanks Jean

Its a bit strange.. 🤔 I've just had a look at those files and all 3 of them are well outside the recommended size dimensions for templates in Reckon One so its odd the gforcecompliance-extra-scale3.png file was ok up until recently. Unless those files above are not the original copies of the image?

Also, now that you've added a image that is working well in the template, can you let me know the size of that image?

It depends on your version of Windows but you'll find the size by right clicking on the image file on your PC ➡ Properties ➡ Details ➡ Dimensions

Example on the left.

• Jean_10862158
    Options

the current one is 113KB but it is slightly oversized on the page. But the sizes of all 4 weren't large. The largest 369KB to 97KB. Well under the 2MB size stated in templates. I don't know about the other parts of their measurements. I wouldn't think any of the files are the original files.

I am used to , in Word , highlighting an image, and then use the corner handles to reduce its size, thus keeping the proportion. Can't find that here though.