You don't have access to this book - Reckon Payroll upgrade

System
System Member Posts: 228 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: We are using ReckonOne to do our payroll, do we need to upgrade to Reckon Payroll?.

Comments

• Winni
    Winni Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2023

Hi Rav,

I'm having the exact same issue as Ben and I am the administrator to the account.

Another staff which is also an administrator was able to proceed to Reckon payroll but when they tried to upgrade to STP phase (see Capture 1), they got an error message saying that 'something went wrong' (see Capture 2).

Would appreciate if you could please look into it.

Thank you,

Winni

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,195 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Winni

I've split your reply into its own post here just so its easier for me to keep track of and also I might need a little bit more info from you.

I just have a few questions that I'd like you to clarify if that's ok.

When you try to access Reckon Payroll from your own account, it results in the error message to the left. Is that correct?

However the other staff member who IS able to access Reckon Payroll is doing so from a separate account ie. the Reckon One book has been shared with them, is that correct?

They are able to open and access Reckon Payroll ok however run into trouble when trying to start the STP Phase 2 Checklist, correct?

Is our tech support team already investigating this for you? I can see there's been a support request sent for access to your Reckon One book so it looks like this may already be underway but let me know.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Winni

Hi Rav,

Yes, all of the above that you mentioned are correct. The other staff member has their own login details which is separate to mine.

I haven't submitted a request to support unless it automatically logged the support request when the errors come up.

Thanks,

Winni

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,195 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for confirming Winni

I've just flicked through a support request for your Reckon One book. Can you please review it and grant access when you can and I'll try to take a look at what's happening.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Winni

Hi Rav,

Could you please advise where can I see the support request that you would like me to review?

And how do I grant access to you as well?

Thanks,

Winni

• Rav

Its sent via email to the same email address that your Reckon One account is under. That looks to be the same email address your Reckon Community account is under as well.

There's an option/button in the email itself to grant access.

• Winni

Thanks Rav. The email was sent to Sris, which is our director and she was the one who was able to access Reckon Payroll but having issues upgrading to STP Phase 2. Are you able to send the support request under my login [email protected]? Because essentially, I am the one who process payrolls and will be doing the upgrade to STP phase 2 as well.

• Rav
    edited August 2023

Hi @Winni

That is the email address I sent the request through to.

Sorry let me rephrase more correctly. The support request will go to the owner of the book which in this case looks to be the account for Sris. They will need to grant access which will then allow me to see what's happening when its opened via your account as well.

• Winni

Hi Rav,

I haven't been able to get the director to accept the support request but when I logged in this morning, I was able to open Reckon Payroll and do the upgrade for STP phase 2 so all good from my end now. Thanks for all your help.

Winni

• Rav

Ok excellent, glad to hear it 😊. Thanks @Winni

• Winni

Hi Rav,

Sorry but I think our issue is not solved yet. Now both the director and I can access Reckon Payroll but when we click on 'upgrade and start preparing for STP phase 2', we got the message saying that 'something went wrong' (see attached screenshot).

• Rav

Hi @Winni

This is Reckon One book is shared with you, correct?

If the owner of the book, who looks to be Sris as you've mentioned above, logs into their own account and tries to access the STP Phase 2 Checklist, do they also encounter the same error?

Which browser are you using when this error appears? Does the same thing happen if you try on a different browser?

• Winni

Yes, when Sris is with me right now and she just logged in try to upgrade to STP phase 2 and gets exactly the same message as I did

• Winni

And I can confirmed she logged in to her own account and we are using google chrome

• Winni
    edited August 2023

She had the same issue with Edge browser

• Rav

Ok, thanks for confirming.

I'm going to need to get this over to my dev team to look at but we're going to need to send through a new access request to the book. It will go to Sris's email as before so if you can ask her to grant access I'll get this over to the team.

• Winni

Sure, will do. Thanks

• Winni

Hi Rav. Sris have accepted the request. Would you mind checking if your Dev team have access to our book now? I just want to make sure you do because Sris is often not in the office

• Rav

Hi @Winni

Its still showing as awaiting acceptance by the owner of the Reckon One at the moment. An email would have come through a little earlier around the time of my previous reply above and it should include an option to grant access to the book within that email. Don't use the request sent last week as that has now expired.

• Rav

If its easier for you, you can give our tech support team a buzz on 1300 756 663 and one of our technicians can assist over the phone

• Winni

Hi Rav. I confirmed that she used the email that you sent through just a few minutes ago, not the one from last week

• Rav

Hmm ok, strange.

I've cancelled that invite not and sent through a new one. Should coming through via email in the next minute or two.

• Winni

I just called your support line and spoke with one of the tech and I have given him access to our book. He said that this is a technical error and that he will give me a call back with an update

• Rav

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know @Winni