Uninstall issue

On our new windows 11 OS computer the Reckon Quicken Personal Plus 2013 version will not open. 

A pop up qw.exe application error appears and states: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004). Click to close the application."

Our IT department have checked that the MS windows 11 OS installation has no errors.

We have tried to uninstall the application without success.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

You need to download and install from your members site

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 6 Reckoner Reckoner

The problem is that we cannot uninstall the existing quicken program.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Try using REVO UNINSTALLER other than that call me and i will have a look.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Peter

Tried both versions of REVO UNINSTALLER with no effect. Receive error message.

"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Cannot uninstall the existing version prior to installation of new version.

• GerryWinter

If you wish a can log in and have a look, just instal Teamviewer and call me on 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Peter

Ok here is the state of play (my thanks to Gerry for the REVO UNINSTALLER suggestion).

After changing the MS user account user rights ...I have now been able to successfully uninstall the previous versions by using the REVO UNINSTALLER.

The copy of the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 upgrade (D) when successfully loaded responds with the same error exception: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004). Click to close the application."

Suggestions?

With thanks

• GerryWinter

I have time to log into your machine to see whats going on. What is your customer ID

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Peter

Ok.... this is interesting.

I installed the Quicken program successfully on another Windows 11 laptop using the same download copy from https://members.reckon.com/Subscription /DownloadSoftware.aspx that was used on the problematic windows 11computer. Every step was perfect in the installation without a hitch.

This would suggest, by a process of elimination, that there is an issue only with windows 11 on the problematic machine. It cannot be an issue with the Reckon software installation file.

So a possible solution might be a reinstallation/repair of Windows 11 or there might be a Windows update with a fix. The update option is unlikely given I have installed all recent updates on the problematic machine

I will give this some further thought but welcome suggestions.

• Peter

The copy of the Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 upgrade (D) when installed responds with the same error exception when opening: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004). Click to close the application."