Can't access CLR fields

This is the question I put to Reckon on 5th January:

Issue just started: When trying to reconcile an account, entering into the CLR column, the cursor opens the Payments field. Was working fine up to 30 January.

Also, when seeking support from the Help tab an error mesage comes up with Syntax Error Line 157, Ch 15, Code 0, URL htps://reckon.com/au/support/?nowprocket=1

I manually reconcile my bank and card accounts

Answers

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

Give me a call tomorrow and i will work thru this issue with you.

Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• BJ5
    BJ5 Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

Hello,

I have the same problem. I cannot access the CLR field and I cannot sort accounts by reconciled status. Please assist.

In another post, a user suggested multiple clicks on CLR column - this solution doesn't work for me.

Many thanks.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,342 Personal Range Elite Expert Personal Range Expert

We have done extensive work in trying to solve this issue but have not been successfull, asuming you have done all the other checks, it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. call me to discuss and just use the reconcile feature as it should be used.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Stuarta62
    Stuarta62 Member Posts: 10 Reckoner Reckoner

If you mean auto reconcile, I have not got my Australian Unity accounts, nor my credit cards linked - and have not inbtention to tryt to do so. I reconcile more frequently than once a month.

It has been fine up to now and suddenly started playing up - I should have said I put it to Reckon on 5th FEBRUARY - nothing has changed with my set up, as far as I know.

I'll call you next week, Gerry.

Stuart Allen

• Stuarta62

I have just found, quite accidentaly, that if I click the cursor on the debit field when it isn't active/highlighted the CLR field is activated: 1 click = c and 2 clicks = R. Works for both debit and credit entries!

Perhaps Reckon could do some trouble shooting - even provide customer support???

• Horace56
    Horace56 Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

Thank you very much for the snapshot you sent, most appreciated.

Very happy to report your 'accidental' solution works fine, 1 click = c and 2 clicks = R for both debit and credit entries.......😀

The other I was going to try was a total software removal and reinstall using Rev0.

Very interested in finding out what has caused this issue to suddenly appear. Encoded selection grids just don't randomly relocate themselves.....🙄 Have added your snapshot for others to this comment.

• RobC62
    RobC62 Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

I am also having the same issue of not being able to manually reconcile/clear my accounts. This has only started over the last few weeks. I have been a Quicken/Reckon user for decades and this has not previously been an issue. I have tried the suggestion about clicking on the Debit field but that does not work for me. I can clear transactions by right clicking and using the Reconcile option, but that takes a lot more steps for each transaction. Has a cause and solution for this issue been found as yet?

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 488 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 27

Hi @Rav

Both @GerryWinter and I have had sessions with clients trying to fix this issue directly and it is clearly affecting more users. Could potentially be a windows update causing the problem; hence why people are beinf affected at different times. Is there anyway you could esculate this to development please?

Gerry has tried uninstall / reinstall and it does not correct the issue.

Thank you

Robyn Kelly

Reckon Accredited Partner

• BJ5

Hello all,

I appreciate Stuart's comment about double clicking enabling the clear function. Despite numerous clicking, this hasn't worked for me.

The other change I noticed is when I sort by CLR status <helpful if I mistype a date>. Instead of date, it sorts by the field to the right, ie deposit.

Its as if the CLR field is not detected.

I also wonder whether a Windows update has created this glitch.

Like other users, I would appreciate a response.

Thankyou

• Stuarta62

I don't think it's a Windows update issue: my update history suggests that my W10 was last updated 8/5/23 and this started happening in January 24.

Sorry my workaround doesn't work for some. Note that the entry needs to be highlighted but NOT the debit field as per the pic. You have to be careful with the cursor.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi folks

I've been speaking with our product team in regard to this and while its not something we can replicate at the moment, can I please get an understanding of when this first started occurring for you.

I note that @Stuarta62 has mentioned January 24 above, is this generally around the same for others as well?

Also, as a test, if you change the system date of your PC to a date prior to when you noticed this first occurring, does it work?

Has a validate and super validate of the file been completed in all cases?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Stuarta62

Thanks for the comment, Rav.

While I'd like to see it fixed, as I have a workaround I'm not going to muck around with system dates and risk unintended consequences!

• BJ5

I noticed at start of February. I have validated files.

I'm not technical enough to change system dates.

I really need the Reckon IT gurus to work out the answer.

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 488 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner

My client started having issues around January / February 2024

• RobC62

I was overseas for a couple of weeks in early February so I only noticed the problem when I returned a week or so ago. I have just changed the computer date to 1/1/24 and the problem still occurred.

• RobC62

Please advise whether there has been any resolution to this issue.

• GerryWinter

If you had another computer, you could try it on that and I'm sure the problem wouldn't be there. other than that you could send me a backup and I would have a look on my machine to confirm that this is the issue.

Open the sample file in Reckon and see if the problem exists in that if it. does and Then it's a computer problem, not a reckon problem.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Stuarta62

The problem is there on the Sample file. While I have a second computer I do not have a second Reckon Licence and I'm not going to muck around moving my licence to a Surface and back just to prove a point. I'll stick with my workaround.

Even if it is a specific computer issue, I believe it's Reckon's problem because it just started to happen without any apparent updates to my operating system, and I am not alone!

Anyway, thanks for your support again, Gerry, it is appreciated.

Regards

Stuart

• GerryWinter

OK. But don't forget,reckon they're not doing any updates on this programme, so no way could this problem stem from reckon side of things. It's either Microsoft or your computer.

Sorry, we can get you a second licence if you wanted to go down this route.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• BJ5

Hello all,

I wish to express my frustration that this hasnt been resolved. So many people all have the same problem within a few weeks. Maybe it was a Microsoft change that caused the glitch, rather than a Reckon update.

Surely someone at Reckon is smart enough to work out how we get our CLR field operational again.

I appreciate all your efforts. Thank you for listening.

• GerryWinter

We can only hope that what caused it, one day will uncause it.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Stuarta62

I don't know what the impact is if auto reconciling, but I don't do that so, for me, it's only a matter of being precise in placing the cursor.

• RobC62

I have had similar issues with Microsoft updates causing issues with other software I have used in the past, but it has always been necessary for the 2 software companies to work out between them what has caused the problem and come up with a solution. I have found previously that Microsoft have advised that they will be making a change and that the second software provided has not understood the impact of that change on their software. On a recent occasion, my IT contractor escalated the problem to Microsoft in Singapore for a solution. I request that Reckon programmers raise this as an issue with Microsoft to find a solution.

• AJM
    AJM Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member
    edited April 5

I also suddenly had this issue appear around March (but I was not using my software in Jan/Feb).

Update to Stuarta62's workaround. It seems that the CLR column is being recognized to the left of its actual position, meaning you need to access it by clicking in the 'cents' part of the Debit/Payment field while any other field of the transaction is selected, but NOT the Debit/Payment field. Clicking too far left in the field selects the Debit/Payment field.

• Stuarta62

Interesting: the reconcilliation process has suddenly returned to normal! No upgrade or anything that I'm aware of but yesterday it suddenly didn't need the workaround any more.

I think the term is "Go figure!"

• Robyn Kelly (Partner)

I believe it was a windows update that fixed the issue. I did report that on another similar post last week.

• Stuarta62

Thank you for the confirmation.