Are there any POS systems other than Reckon POS which are compatible with Reckon Accounts?

Robyn_7112869
Robyn_7112869 Member Posts: 34 Reckoner Reckoner

We recently had an issue with our POS receipt printer continually losing it's "virtual port" and freezing our computer on every transaction. Between our IT support and Reckon POS support they were unable to solve the problem. So, as Reckon POS is no longer supported, this has led us to look at another POS system. Is there anything out there which we can export and import files into our Reckon Accounts so we have records of item sales/ sales accounts within Reckon Accounts?

I am looking at Wabi this afternoon but this apparently does not have this capability.

Best Answer

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff
    edited March 12 Answer ✓

Dear @Robyn_7112869 ,

I'm glad to hear it - we're always happy to help.

Should you need anything more from either of us, never hesitate to reach out.

Kindest regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

Answers

• Alexis McKeown

Dear @Robyn_7112869 ,

With your receipt printer losing the virtual port, it's possible it is a hardware or manufacturer error - have you attempted to reach out to them for troubleshooting as well?

If you have, do you have any case number with us so I can check on what our technicians tried to resolve the issue?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Robyn_7112869

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for following up. I'm not sure of the reference number but I believe I have Teddy from Reckon Support logging in later this morning to investigate again.

Kind Regards,

Robyn

• Alexis McKeown

Hello @Robyn_7112869 ,

Thanks for letting me know - always happy to help.

Teddy is the other Senior Tech with us - you could be in no better hands, I guarantee.

I will chat with him to see if I can also lend my assistance for your case.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Robyn_7112869

Thanks Alexander. Much appreciated. We have disabled the printer for the time being and printing everything off onto the invoice (HP ) printer so we have some back up. If today fails we will simply purchase a new receipt printer and go from there. But, as the printer can print OK we'll give it another shot. :)

I'll let you know how we go and get your recommendations for a new receipt printer if not successful.

Thanks again,

Robyn

• Robyn_7112869

Hi Alexander,

Teddy has managed to get our receipt printer working again without freezing our computer. If it fails again we will simply purchase a new printer. Thanks to both of you for the assistance.

Kind Regards,

Robyn