Cannot export payroll *jsn file

Options
PJKennedy
PJKennedy Member Posts: 24

When exporting payroll file to My live (Q), the system is not adding a number to the *jsn file name. I have tried to type in a number similar to the one the system did allocate to a previous pay run, but it is not accepting it. This is a new issue and I cannot work out how to overcome it. Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @PJKennedy

Just to clarify, do you mean its accepting the file name you're entering at the point pictured below?

If so, what are you entering into the File Name field? Please ensure there are no spaces or special characters other than hyphens in the field.

If you are manually entering in a file name, you don't need to enter the .json extension as it will save as a .json file which you can see listed as the Save as type.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PJKennedy
    Options

Hi Rav

Yes, that is correct. It usually gives me a number automatically, but has stopped doing that intermittently which is why I have been entering one manually. Is there a way to get it back to allocating a number so I just have to save?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,447 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

I can't 100% confirm this but I believe if you generate multiple STP .json files within the same session, it will only auto generate the file name on the first export.

On subsequent exports that are actioned within that same company file & session you'll be prompted to enter your own file name in to the field.

As a test, if you exit your file (File ➡️ Exit) and then logoff the session in the Hosted control panel and log back in after a couple of minutes, then try to export a STP .json file, does it generate a file name for on the first export?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• PJKennedy
    Options

Thank you Rav! That has fixed the issue.

Have a great day :-)