Need Help Correcting STP Figures on ATO Portal After Using Payroll Premier 23/24

Options
Tom
Tom Member Posts: 3 ✭
edited April 16 in Reckon Payroll πŸš€

Hi everyone,

Before, I used Reckon GovConnect to send all my Single Touch Payroll (STP) data to the ATO. But recently, I tried to fix a mistake by selecting Update Event " figure on Payroll Premier 2023/2024 to correcting the figures. Unfortunately, the incorrect numbers I accidentally uploaded are still showing on the ATO portal. Specifically, the figures for W1 and W2 in BAS Quarter 3, covering the period from January 1st, 2024, to March 31st, 2024, haven't changed. Can you help me fix this issue?

Answers

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 212 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear Tom,

Your best bet now would be to submit an Update Event from Payroll Premier to the ATO to correct your figures.

To do so, you will need to mark the option in the STP reporting section of Payroll Premier to submit an update event.

When you submit this, it will upload a $0 Gross/$0 Tax file to GovConnect - when you send this through, it will update all figures on the ATO's end, clear out duplications, and should generally give you accurate figures.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Tom
    Options

Hi Alexander,

I have submitted an Update Event from Payroll Premier to ATO to correct your figures already, as you can see my attached files A2 where the Week ending 6 March 2024 was updated but somehow on ATO portal there is no change in the figure W1 and W2

Kind Regards,

Thomas Nguyen

• Alexander McKeown
    edited April 16
    Options

Dear Tom,

Can you check the totals of your payrun in Payroll Premier and check if the figures line up with the STP?

If it does, you may wish to access the ATO records and manually modify your W1 & W2 components - this will allow you to easily adjust figures submit via STP.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Tom
    Options

Hi Alexander

I check all figure already; all are the same with STP.

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear Tom,

As said now, you may wish to investigate the ATO's records and manually modify your W1 & W2 figures as stated before.

You should be able to tweak what figures appear in full and bring them more in-line with what should be reported.

You can read up on how to do so here: https://help.reckon.com/article/h2bfwmfz9z-reckon-single-touch-payroll-handling-duplicate-submissions

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown