PDF Converter

Options
Lyn_10072495
Lyn_10072495 Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Help! My computer seens to have completed an upgrade. I now cant see or print my pdf documents. I have the V5 PDF Converter installed which says it is idle. How do I activate it?

Answers

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 288 Reckon Staff
    Options

Dear @Lyn_10072495 ,

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the Amyuni PDF Driver, which is the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF converter.

We thankfully have a helpful guide you can follow on uninstalling/reinstalling the V5 PDF converter here:

https://help.reckon.com/article/g7yinp8bkl

If this guide does not help, let me know, and we can look into alternatives to fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• Lyn_10072495
    Options

Thanks Alexander.

Ive tried following the instructions but I get lost pretty quickly as they dont match what Im seeing on my computer.

I know Ive uninstalled the current the old PDF driver but havent progressed beyond that. Just a question - this is for accounts Hosted - I know I posted in the wrong area. Does this make a difference?

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Lyn_10072495 ,

It would make a huge difference yes.

Hosted does not directly print to your printer - it instead sends a "print call" to your web browser to convert what you see to a PDF, which you can then print.

If it's not appearing, or not printing, popups may be blocked.

You can read our article on how to amend this here:

https://help.reckon.com/article/ivjue2b08a

If popups are blocked in Reckon Accounts Hosted, it can prevent pages from printing - allowing popups from Hosted should correct this issue.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Lyn_10072495
    Options

OK. Thanks - my fault for not clarifying. Any ideas how to reinstall the Amyuni Driver now? I cant even print out the instructions you just sent me!😣

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Lyn_10072495 ,

If you're not using Reckon Accounts Desktop, you shouldn't need the Amyuni PDF Converter as it is only necessary for Reckon Accounts Desktop.

Hosted handles printing to PDF internally, and Microsoft machines can use Print to PDF exclusively.

If you wish to reinstall Amyuni, you can do the following:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 202X (X being your year edition).
    2. Find the program "install.exe".
    3. Double-click and run this program. It will install Amyuni Document Converter.

After this, you will need to configure Amyuni:

1. Open your Windows Start menu.
    2. On your keyboard, type in Control Panel and open the Control Panel application.
    3. Click on Devices and Printers.
    4. Find the Amyuni Document Converter.
    5. Select it with a single left-click.
    6. Right-click, and select Printer Properties.
    7. In the General tab, change the name of Amyuni Document Converter to Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter.
    8. Next, go to Ports.
    9. Click Add port.
    10. Select Local port.
    11. Click New Port…
    12. Give this Port the name RAB.
    13. Once created, find it in the port list, and select it with a single left-click.
    14. Go to the Advanced tab.
    15. Toggle the option for "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster.
    16. Select Enable advanced printing features.
    17. Press Apply.
    18. Press OK.

This should allow the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter to work again with Reckon Accounts.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Lyn_10072495
    Options

Ive got my driver back but it has made no difference. There are no pop ups blocked. I am opening in Chrome. It seems to download the document with no probelms. I can then open that document -not with Chrome as it is set - but with Adobe Acrobat .

So in essence, I set the program to print and it comes up with a blank screen as below.

Any further thoughts? I apprecaite your patience.

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @Lyn_10072495 ,

The name of the document is concerning me somewhat - this does not look like a typical print operation in Reckon Accounts Hosted.

Can you confirm with me how you are going about printing documents in Hosted as PDF?

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,494 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I believe the settings in your browser are set to download the pdf and not print. Have a look in your download folder. What happens if you click on one of those files, it should open in your default pdf reader

• TimM
    TimM Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have a similar issue where I could print, email or save to PDF. After 45 minutes on the phone, I can now print and print preview, but cant email. I was told by Utkarsh that it is because we use Google for email and had to move to Outlook?. There was no issue with this until the upgrade 1 week ago so what has changed in 2023 version with regards printing?

• Alexander McKeown
    Options

Dear @TimM ,

Are you using Reckon Accounts Desktop or Reckon Accounts Hosted?

If you are using Reckon Accounts Desktop, you can still use GMail - it's just due to some changes with Google's security.

You can read more about this here: https://help.reckon.com/article/kznwf55lct

If you are using Reckon Accounts Hosted, all emails filter through accountshosted@reckon.com instead of personal email addresses.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown