2023 Account Desktop wont print to pdf

Options
TimM
TimM Member Posts: 4

I have an issue where I cant print, email or save to PDF. After 45 minutes on the phone, I can now print and print preview, but cant email. I was told by Utkarsh that it is because we use Google for email and had to move to Outlook?. There was no issue with this until the upgrade 1 week ago so what has changed in 2023 version with regards printing?

Comments

• Tanvi_kataria
    Tanvi_kataria Reckon Staff Posts: 195 Reckon Staff
    Options

Morning @TimM

Regarding your concern mentioned above, if you can please confirm what types of forms are you trying to Print/Email. Thank you!

Regards

Tanvi

• klaura
    klaura Reckon Staff Posts: 116 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi TimM,

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with emailing. We have KB article that will help you resolve the email issue using Gmail. Please follow this KB below.

https://help.reckon.com/article/kznwf55lct-how-to-continue-using-gmail-when-google-less-secured-app-removal

I hope it helps.

Karren

• TimM
    edited June 11
    Options

Hi Klaura

great thank you - will do. Why did the issue only start when I downloaded the new version 2 weeks ago - is it simply that Google took that time to slowly remove the ability?

Regards

Tim

• klaura
    Options

Gmail needs new passcode for the new version of Reckon.

• TimM
    Options

ok understand - so it is linked to that and I do not need to change to outlook?

• klaura
    Options

Yes, you don't need to. Although you can use either, Gmail requires extra step to set up due to the changes made in google.