Are the 2023 -2024 Payment summaries still accurate enough to send to employees

NarellePaterson
NarellePaterson Member Posts: 113 Reckoner Reckoner

Just wondering are the 2023 -2024 Payment summaries still accurate enough to send to employees even though they can access through Mygov or should I not bother.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @NarellePaterson

No, payment summaries are no longer valid under STP Phase 2 and have been outdated/unnecessary for a fair while now (since STP took effect back in 2018).

Check out more info in my reply linked below on a related thread πŸ‘‡

• Stalfab
    Stalfab Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

So am I correct in assuming the correct data will reflect on the summaries that are lodged through MyGov. Bottom line useless giving the payment summaries for 2023/24 to employees as the data is incorrect. Look forward to you allaying my meltdown this morning. Thanks Sue

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

@Stalfab Hi Sue

I'd recommend taking a look at our latest #TipTuesday post linked below as it sounds like it has exactly the info you're looking for πŸ™‚
    #TipTuesday: Why payment summaries are obsolete with STP Phase 2 in Reckon Accounts

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,621 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

if your Reckon payroll report agrees with the totals in GovConnect you can be assured that the employees" Income statements in their My Gov account are correct

• Stalfab
    Stalfab Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

Thanks Kris, I have been balancing every week so did think it would be correct but just needed that extra reassurance, thank you

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,621 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

good to hear, you’re very welcome.