MFA not working on account we don't use often.

Sonya Herbert
Sonya Herbert Member Posts: 97 Reckoner Reckoner

we have 3 accounts for our company - i set up the MFA to my phone for code; 2 are working, the 3rd account that we don't really use at the moment - is not sending a code to log in? how do i fix this?

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,576 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

do you have 3 licences or 3 company files? MFA is only required for the original login, not for each file

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Morning @Sonya Herbert

Are the codes not coming through at all for that 3rd account or are they coming through delayed?

Do you have the MFA for all 3 accounts set to the same phone number? Or is that 3rd account set to deliver codes to a separate phone number?

If its the latter, then the first thing I'd suggest is to try is switching that phone to flight mode for about 20-30 seconds. This will disconnect the phone from the mobile network. Turn flight mode off and the phone will be forced to poll your network provider and any pending messages etc come through.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Sonya Herbert

NO, Codes aren't coming through at all for the 3rd account. the other 2 accounts work, not the 3rd one. When we were asked to set all the MFA up - i put the one phone number (mine) for the 3 accounts; As this 3rd account doesn't get used often, i only noticed it last week when i tried to log in that it's not sending a code to my mobile phone no.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,209 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

That sounds strange 🤔

My first suggestion would be to revoke the existing MFA that you have setup on that 3rd login (which I'll link info to HERE) and set it up again to see if that helps. Since you're not receiving the codes, use the Recovery PIN instead to revoke MFA or if you're not aware what your Recovery PIN is, then give our support team a call and they'll arrange for it to be revoked.

You'll be prompted to set it up again when you next login to that account. Set it up again to your phone number and just confirm whether the codes come through.

Would be interested to hear how you get on.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Sonya Herbert

i tried using my recovery pin and it says it's not correct?

• Rav

Each account will have its own unique Recovery PIN (unless you set your own PIN across all 3 accounts). If the recovery PIN you're trying isn't the correct one and you're not sure of what it could be then give our support team a call and they'll arrange for the MFA to be revoked.