Why can't I export to excel ?

TrishM
TrishM Member Posts: 3 Reckoner Reckoner

I've been exporting reports to excel for years but suddenly can't as the excel options are greyed out. The pathway to where I would save these reports still appears however that is greyed out too. The only option that has working functionality is to export to .csv

Would appreciate any solutions or suggestions ?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @TrishM

Which version of Reckon Accounts Desktop are you using and which report are you attempting to export to Excel?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TrishM

Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2024 - Multi User

Hi Rav,

I've tried exporting Tax Liability Reports, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet; you name it, I've tried it. None of them work.

• Alexis McKeown
    Alexis McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 368 Reckon Staff

Dear @TrishM ,

This is usually due to either Reckon having insufficient permissions to access Excel, or Excel's installation being corrupted or having an invalid registry key.

You will want to read our article on how to correct this issue here: https://help.reckon.com/article/2dzidbmeu2

You will want to reach out to your IT as it might require accessing your Windows Registry.

Kind regards,

Alexander McKeown

Reckon Senior Technical Support

• TrishM

Thanks Alexander.

I did a Quick Repair of my Microsoft 365 Apps for Business and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks again