I cant save any bank transfers

TheLight
TheLight Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member
edited August 30 in Reckon One

I have tried to save bank transfers in reconciliation and in transfers but the save button isnt working

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @TheLight (cool user name by the way! 🙂)

Thanks for flagging this.

When you attempt to save the transfer, what happens after you click the save button? Does anything occur on-screen?

When did this start occurring for you? Is there any difference if you attempt this on a different browser?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• TheLight

nothing happens when i click on the save or save and new or the other save button - no comments come up and nothing happens

Started this morning when I logged on (haven't logged on in, maybe, 2 weeks)

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,371 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Ok, thanks for that.

Does the same thing occur if you attempt to use Reckon One on a different browser or incognito browser window?

I think we might need to take a closer look at this so I'm going to shoot through an access request to your book. It will come through separately via email, if you could please grant access that would be great. Also, can you provide a screenshot showing the specific details of the transfer you're attempting to action.

I'll get this over to my dev team to investigate.

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• steveh
    steveh Member Posts: 3 Novice Member Novice Member

I've got the same problem; everything else appears to be working normally. Tried different browser on same laptop as well as iPad.

• TheLight

I will try and use a different browser - what do you suggest? - I don't know what an incognito browser is â€Ļ.

I can create invoices atm

• Rav

Hi @steveh & @TheLight

Can you do me a favour and head into the settings for the specific bank account and remove any transaction lock off date that is set.

See example below.

Once the lock off date has been removed and saved, try the transfer again.

Let me know how you get on.

• steveh
    edited August 31

The situation has deteriorated in the past hour; I can't load my book now. The screen is blank (other than showing the account name which I've removed), the Dashboard doesn't show and there is a reduced menu. So I can't try your suggested fix. I've rebooted the laptop and there's nothing abnormal running in the background. Same result in a private browser window.

I've only been using Reckon One for 3 months and this lack of reliability is very disappointing.

• TheLight

That worked for me

Bit odd though as none of the accounts were locked for July or august

Thanks 😃

• steveh

The account access just came back. I removed all the lock-off dates as suggested and the transfers are now working again. Definitely a bug as I use Reckon One almost daily and it just suddenly happened about 24 hours ago. Thanks very much @Rav for your help! BZ 👏

• IT_ZAP
    IT_ZAP Member Posts: 3 Reckoner Reckoner

I also could not "Transfer money" regardless of web browser used. The issue was only encountered this month. No problem previously.
    After clearing the account "Transaction lock-off date" field, I could succesfully "Transfer money" again.

• Sheff
    Sheff Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member

I have just come across the same problem. I did a "Transfer Money" an hour ago and now can't do a "Transfer Money". It won't work if I hit Save, Save & Close or Save & New.

• peter24468
    peter24468 Member Posts: 15 Reckoner Reckoner

I also have the same problem. I cant do any bank transfers, once entered the save button doesnt work. No messages pop up it just wont save or complete the transaction.

Peter

• Rav

Hi @Sheff and @peter24468

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this as well. We're looking into this at the moment, however in the interim, can you please try out the suggestion earlier up on this thread of removing the lock-off date on the bank account and then trying the transfer again.

Please let me know how you get on.

• docgav1
    docgav1 Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

When transferring between accounts nothing happens and no error message is received and then same transfer details remain on the page. Just started today. I have checked dates, computer dates, and reconciliation dates and none of these are in error or stopping the recording.

• Rav

Hi @docgav1

I've moved your post over to this main one just so its all in the one place and you receive updates as well.

We're currently looking into the situation of the save option not working for some Reckon One users when attempting a transfer.

In the interim, can you please try the suggestion earlier up on this thread of removing the lock-off date on the bank account and then try the transfer again.

Please let me know how you get on.

• Anne Sterling
    Anne Sterling Member Posts: 11 Reckoner Reckoner

Not sure how to access the edit account screen to turn off the lock? (I am having same issues) I have gone through Chart of Accounts, and got into Edit, but I'm not seeing the date account opened, etc listed above

• Rav

Hi @Anne Sterling

Try this out, click on Bank Accounts on the left then click on the Settings icon on the specific bank account in question and then you'll see the Transaction Lock-off Date field (example below).

Remove any lock-off date that is set and click Save.

Once that is done try the transfer again.

Let us know how you get on.

• Anne Sterling

Thanks Rav that worked!

• Rav

Hi everyone 👋

Just wanted to provide a general update on this. Our team has been investigating the reports we've received around the saving not working on bank transfers and have been able to replicate this error.

The good news is, the team have worked out a fix and that is currently undergoing testing at the moment.

For now, the current workaround outlined above of removing the lock-off date in the bank account settings will allow transfers to save as normal.

I'll post a further update here as soon as I have further news to share.

Cheers!

• docgav1
    docgav1 Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

removing the lock off date for the two accounts I was transferring with did not work. I went back and removed all lock off dates for the eight accounts I have and then the transfer worked. Thanks for the help. I'm confident that you will sort out the glitch. I have been using reckon forever (back in Quicken days in the 90's) and your support system has always been excellent.

• artplus
    artplus Member Posts: 2 Novice Member Novice Member

In Reckon One, the ability to transfer money from one account to another has suddenly stopped.

So if I go to Banking - Transfer Money, and enter all the details and go to Save - nothing happens

Any thoughts

• Rav

Hi @artplus

I've moved your post over to this main one in relation to this specific situation.

Our teams have been working on this and we've got a fix in the works at the moment.

In the interim, can you please try the suggestion earlier up on this thread of removing the lock-off date on the bank account and then try the transfer again.

Let us know how you go and apologies for the hassle this has caused so far.

• kymnixon
    kymnixon Member Posts: 10 Novice Member Novice Member

I haven't been able to save a transfer for a number of days now and seems other people are having the same issue. Is this a glitch with the system or is it just a few people. How do I fix this?

• Rav

Hi @kymnixon

I've moved your post over to this main related one regarding the issue with saving transfers.

Have a look at the info above but most specifically the current workaround of removing the transaction lock-off date HERE which should get your transfers working again while we get this sorted on our end.

Let us know how you get on.

• kymnixon
    kymnixon Member Posts: 10 Novice Member Novice Member

Thanks that got it working again for me :)

• Rav

ℹī¸ UPDATE

Hi everyone,

Another update for you in regard to the saving issue with transfers in Reckon One. Our devs have been working on this in the background and we believe this should be straightened out.

We'd be keen to hear from any Reckon One users who still have (or can re-enter) a transaction lock-off date in your bank account settings whether your transfer works again as normal.

Any feedback around this would be greatly welcomed and thanks again for your patience everyone!

• Anne Sterling

Just tried locking my accounts at the end of August, and doing a transfer dated today, and it worked fine for me

• Rav

Excellent to hear, thanks for confirming @Anne Sterling! 👏