Unexpected Error when trying to complete a Journal

karipettersen
karipettersen Member Posts: 4 Novice Member Novice Member

I have nearly completed quite long journal on two occasions

The first just disappeared the second advised an Unexpected Error

When going back into Journals there is no record of anything previously entered

Is there any way to retrieve the entries?

Is there any way to save entries from time to time in the process of entering

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @karipettersen

Does this occur regularly or was this the first occasion you encountered it?

Also, you've mentioned the journal entries were long, specifically how long or complex were they if you can recall?

🎉 Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• AlanSkelley2
    AlanSkelley2 Member Posts: 1 Novice Member Novice Member

Hi Rav

On behalf of Kari

First, I have been advised that journals can be saved periodically. This is great!

For other Community members, this is possible when a new row is created and a new account is entered and the balance remaining to balance the journal is entered in either the debit or credit column. Accepting this amount then allows the journal to be saved.

The journal can then be reopened. Returning to the last row the amount can be corrected to the amount required and the journal continued.

Second, I believe that the size of the journal is an issue. There were 41 rows required. At 35 rows an Unexpected Error kept appearing (Up to 10 times). I was advised how to save the journal periodically so was able to get to that point without losing all the rows. I could not get past that point despite clearing my history in my browser (Chrome) as advised by your team.

My solution was to put the remaining balance into a suspense account and then creating a new journal for the remaining five rows and putting that balance to the suspense account. There was no issue putting in the additional journal.

Please advise if you need any other information. I could send you the journal if required but I guess that you could get access to it.

Third, new issue, I found it quite difficult to enter details into a row. After choosing the account, Tab or Enter does not go to the debit column. I had to use the mouse to click into the line and eventually click into debit to enter the amount. Tab then did not pass the credit column and get to a Detail column, additional mouse clicks were required to get to the column. Once a comment was put in, five tabs then went across the rest of the row and entered a new row, which was OK. Alternatively, the New Row button could be used.

Having done some basic programming, I believe that going to the correct next cell after entering or tabbing is a fundamental programming issue. Can you advise if others have this problem or if I am entering the information incorrectly?

Regards Alan Skelley