Reckon Accounts 2016 Tax Update is now available!

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited June 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

The Tax Update for Reckon Accounts 2016 is now live.

This update contains the latest PAYG Tax Tables and legislative changes to help you be compliant in the 2016/17 financial year.

Installing the tax update

Please follow these steps to install the Reckon Accounts 2016 Tax Update.

Ensure you have installed and activated your copy of Reckon Accounts 2016 (the Tax Update cannot be installed on earlier versions of the software).

If you have not installed Reckon Accounts 2016, log in to the Members Site to access your installation key code and download now.

Read and follow the instructions in the upgrade guide for important guidelines on when and how to install the update. 

Important: The new tax tables take effect from 1 July 2016. You must process employee pay for the 2015/16 financial year prior to installing this update; otherwise your 2015/16 pay calculations will not be correct.

Once the tax update is installed and your data file is opened, you will not be able to reopen your file in the original Reckon Accounts 2016 release.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Carmel_8317344
    Carmel_8317344 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled downloading tax tables. I am a paid up member but can not access the Tax update download. Maybe I have missed something obvious. I've followed the email link and given my ID and password. I can see the Title Reckon Accounts 2016 Tax Update , however there is no Download link. Pleass help
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Carmel,

After logging in, scroll right down to the bottom of the Reckon Accounts 2016 Tax Update page and you should find a green download button.

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Carmel_8317344
    edited June 2016
    Hi Rav, Unfortunately not. I have tried using Explorer and Chrome. 
  • Carmel_8317344
    edited June 2016
    I have installed the tax updates successfully on another machine for another Company.  Can I copy over the exe file from to use with a different Co?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Carmel,

Yes you can copy the .exe file over.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

• Felicity Harvey
    Felicity Harvey Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017

hi rav I have completed the upgrade to reckon 2016 and can open etc and have downloaded the tax update but when I try to install I get the message set up failed to find a valid reckon accounts 2016 in the installation pathway. can you please assist

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Felicity

Just wanted to check if you've activated the new 2016 edition?

Can you please open either your company file or sample file and activate the new program and then try again?

Let me know if you encounter further issues

Cheers
    Rav

• Fiona Treadwell
    Fiona Treadwell Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem as this user posted a few days ago:

"I am a paid up member but can not access the Tax update download. Maybe I have missed something obvious. I've followed the email link and given my ID and password. I can see the Title Reckon Accounts 2016 Tax Update , however there is no Download link. Pleass help"

Same problem - after giving our Customer ID and PIN, there is a screen with no download button, I've scrolled right to the bottom of screen - please assist!

Thx

• Fiona Treadwell
    Fiona Treadwell Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    This is all sorted now - thx!
  • Bianca_8323349
    Bianca_8323349 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2017

Hi I am having the same problem? Please advise?

Thanks

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Bianca,

Have you installed and activated Reckon Accounts 2016?

Please ensure you have completed this before following the steps outlined in the tax table installation guide

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2016

Hi Rav,

I have installed and registered Payroll Premier 2016-17. Is that the same thing? I have been advised that I still need to install the tax tables.

• Leisa Cull_8323362
    Leisa Cull_8323362 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    hi i am using reckon hosted. do i need to download the 2016 tax table update ?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Bianca,

Payroll Premier 2016 comes issued with the latest 2016/17 tax tables.

There is no additional tax table update you need to apply.

Cheers
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Leisa,

Reckon Accounts Hosted 2016 contains tax tables and other legislative changes for the 2016-17 Financial Year.

Full info including the installation & upgrade guide here -
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-hosted-2016-au-is-now-available

Cheers
    Rav

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2016

Thanks. That's what I assumed but when I registered I was advised that I needed to still update it.

All good. Thanks

• Felicity Harvey
    Felicity Harvey Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    hi it says that it is activated
  • Kate_8323590
    Kate_8323590 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav - running Reckon Premier 2015 and need to upgrade to 2016 asap so I get the new tax tables - cannot find anywhere on how to upgrade can you point me in right direction please?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kate,
    Head into the Members Area and log in using your Customer ID and PIN.

Click on the Download Software option on the left and you'll see a list of software download options you are eligible for. You can then prompt the download from there.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

• Kate_8323590
    Kate_8323590 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Rav - found similar post and replied under there, when I login Members area takes me to Reckon Reseller page and cant find download options
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Andrew, This is a tax table update for the 2016/17 financial year for the Reckon Accounts 2016 Business Range. The inclusions of this update are outlined in the post above. Any details on further functionality etc will be made be made when that information is available. Cheers Rav

• Karina Graham
    Karina Graham Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Just wondering if I need to update all 3 of my computers on my Enterprise version of Reckon??  I have updated the main computer that I process the wages from...
  • Amanda McLean
    Amanda McLean Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Install and upgrade to 2016 Tax Update.. I run Reckon Account Enterprise and I am trying to install and upgrade to 2016 Tax Update. After downloading the program, I have run the wizard and it ask if your reckon accounts does not appear in this list, select browse to navigate to you reckon accounts. only to find it NOWHERE! help. TIA
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Amanda,
    Have you upgraded to, and activated the 2016 version of Reckon Accounts Enterprise yet? You can only update the tax tables provided you have completed this step first.

Check out this related conversation here and the tax table upgrade guide