We need to prepare two Payment Summaries for Working Holiday Employees in Accounts Hosted

Atsu .
Atsu . Member Posts: 3
edited July 2017 in Accounts Hosted
Thanks, We need to prepare two Payment summary for Working holiday employees but Account hosted will issue one gross payment summary some how... Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: ATO 2017 PAYG payment summary statement PDF editable tax forms.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Atsu,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Reckon Accounts Hosted 2017 contains the Payment Summary format to produce 2 Payment Summaries for Working Holiday Makers.  You will need to check the new Working Holiday Maker option on the Employee Record > Taxes settings. 

Please see the notes that accompany the Tax Table Upgrade.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Adrienne_9172050
    Adrienne_9172050 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    I have checked this box. When I run the payment summaries, there is still only one being issued for the working holiday maker.  Is there something else we need to do when running the summaries?  thanks
  • Atsu .
    Atsu . Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    Same here, I have checked Working Holidsay Maker option on each employee who worked before and after the 31/12/16, but it gives only one payment summary with "H".
  • Adrienne_9172050
    Adrienne_9172050 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    Hi Atsu, you need to terminate the employees as at 31/12/16 and reinstate them as a separate employee as at 01/01/17, then run the payg summaries.  Here's the reply I got from support 

We would like to inform you that for FY 2016/17 you can setup a mirrored employee (New employee with same details) so that you can process January 2017 onwards paycheques & it will let you generate the payment summary separately.

With the New Tax updates for FY 2017/18 there is an option to check for working holiday maker under employee card. So that when you generate the payment summary it will display H besides the Gross Payments field for Working holiday makers.

If you require any further assistance  then please contact our Technical support advisers on 1300 137 657 during weekdays from 8:30 AM -  7 PM AEST and our advisers will assist you on the same. .