Split payroll salary between two accounts

BWPanda
BWPanda Member Posts: 17
edited May 2018 in Reckon One
How do I split a payroll salary between two accounts?

Example (with details changed for privacy):
An employee (we'll call him 'Bob') gets paid $1,000 per week. $500 gets transferred into his personal bank account, and $500 gets transferred into an account co-owned by Bob and us (for Bob's personal use for pre-approved purposes). This second co-owned account we'll call the 'Co' account.

In Reckon One, we (the employer) have our business Cheque account setup and linked to our bank, and we also have the 'Co' account setup and linked to the bank. I need to reconcile both the Cheque and Co accounts monthly.
We have a Payroll:Salary expense account as well as a Payroll:Co expense account (for recording purchases made by Bob via the Co account).

The problem is when reconciling the Co account.
When reconciling the Cheque account, it works because there's a 'Make Payment' transaction for $1,000 that I can match to the amount coming out of the bank account.
However, for the Co account, there's no matching $500 transaction to match to... I'm guessing this would need to be a Transfer transaction, but as the payroll system does its magic automatically, I'm not sure what to do.

Any assistance and advice appreciated!

Comments

• Helen Hogan
    Helen Hogan Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2017
    Hi 
    I havnt done it myself but you can under the employee split to different accounts. Under the employee, tab employment there is payments at the bottom. Going from memory you split by percentage to each account
    good luck Helen
  • BWPanda
    edited August 2017
    Hi Helen,

I have seen that, and I even have Bob's payments setup there as you suggested (did that weeks ago), but my understanding is that that's only for exporting payment info to the bank to then make the payments to his various accounts. It doesn't affect how payments are stored/assigned in Reckon (that's my understanding anyway)...
  • Helen Hogan
    edited August 2017
    Ok, maybe go into setting payroll generaland change the payment types, cash to the account you want and then direct credit to specific account. Note this wont fix previous payruns.

see how that goes  Helen
  • BWPanda
    edited August 2017
    Hi Helen,

I'm not quite sure to what you're referring, but in the Payroll settings I found a checkbox that, when unchecked, makes it so that I create the payroll payments manually. I'll try that next week and see if that helps...
  • Helen Hogan
    edited August 2017
    This is the screen in settings imagePayroll general at the bottom has which accounts to allocate to